Interested in some atmospheric melodic metal?

bumblefoot: well I haven't put it on mp3.com yet and it is for a demo for some labels, and later on an album.

bookmark the url to hear more in the future, also try audiogalaxy. there is another mistral there but a few of my songs as well.

Are you guys CHristian Metal? I noticed you were on a Living Sacrifice tribute according to your site..................just curious..........

a valid question, however I don't believe in marketing music based on the spiritual beliefs of the writer. what goes into my songwriting is based on provoking thought and pursuing truth, seeing all matters outside of the shell of the way society generally views them. Isn't this the essence of what thinking man's metal should be. As a person, I consider my belief in God well founded and strengthening. But I won't use my music as a tool of propoganda, which is what the "christian metal" scene seems to be. too much hype and show and not enough substance, which is why everyone hates it. If people search for truth, they will find it, and if they find wisdom and truth in what I say in my lyrics then I've served a purpose in that respect.. as for the music it is what it is, music cannot be christian so why call it that! not very many people are called buddhist or wiccan metal. I hope this didn't sound defensive I am just explaining what I feel about this subject.

oh, and I forgot to explain. Mistral was invited to be on the tribute by one of the people from the label organizing it, who I know pretty well. I am also this band's webmaster, since I do design and have various contacts in that area.

these are the lyrics of lavish lurid liquid, as you will see they are quite void of preachiness, the song is mainly about struggling with alchohol to be more relaxed and social and being a temporary solution that leads to infinitely worse results.

the last drop of golden nectar flows down
I've grown golden feathers
..and the world seems better now
I swore that I'd never let myself
fall in too deep with you

one last round to ease the pressure
one more hour to stay together
but under the numbness, so oblivious
to more than just my senses
that's the danger of dancing with you

it started young
and the days seemed too soon done
time waits for no one when you're having a ball

we thought we would be wise
were we playing with our lives?
as the evening turned to night and we were leaving.
we each said our goodbyes
she said she's fine to drive
I didn't say a word but I had a feeling
I drove home slow, and as I arrived,
there was the phone
before I even picked it up my heart was sinking
years later now I still remember
her face and smile I grow weak inside..

I know the danger, of one last dance with you
lavish lurid liquid

we try hard to escape
and we lose something more
It hurts to be reminded
but there's still something to live for

WOW! you guys are way better than most of the new bands out today! Have you got a record label deal yet?

Cool lyrics too... oh and i think the chorus "i know the danger" bit would go really well with clean vocals, maybe female or male, i don't know. Thanks for the song anyway :)

How do u do the thumbs up thing here? Anyway good luck u guys sound real good.
Support the Underground...way better than alot of the bands of today cause ppl of the underground do it cause they enjoy it not cause of the money or anything, so it always comes out better. Id love to hear more of ur stuff.

Originally posted by MistralMetal
what's fun is people consistently say "you guys" like it is a band, but it is really one one person mainly.. me!

Really? Thats pretty interestin...so if i want to find out more about your music, where do i go?

Originally posted by MistralMetal
a valid question, however I don't believe in marketing music based on the spiritual beliefs of the writer. what goes into my songwriting is based on provoking thought and pursuing truth, seeing all matters outside of the shell of the way society generally views them. Isn't this the essence of what thinking man's metal should be. As a person, I consider my belief in God well founded and strengthening. But I won't use my music as a tool of propoganda, which is what the "christian metal" scene seems to be. too much hype and show and not enough substance, which is why everyone hates it. If people search for truth, they will find it, and if they find wisdom and truth in what I say in my lyrics then I've served a purpose in that respect.. as for the music it is what it is, music cannot be christian so why call it that! not very many people are called buddhist or wiccan metal. I hope this didn't sound defensive I am just explaining what I feel about this subject.

The thing about "truth" is that it is almost entirely subjective/interpretive.

If people search for "truth" they definitely won't find it because the search itself presumes there is a "truth" out there that is beyond the person's limited subjectivity, that it exists independent of interpretation, independent of one's self. It does not. Therefore, seaching for truth externally is quite pointless and it's really more of an exercise in self-delusion than it is discovery.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in the ring, hehe

cheers,

Satori

PS: I wish my computer at work at a working soundcard so I could listent to your tune. Damn.

I think I'll be using lavish lurid liquid as my new descriptive phrase! ex. "Tomorrow, being Friday, I will drink plenty of the lavish lurid liquid." Never has such a phrase been used to describe JD!

....my friends will think I'm crazy of course, but, hey....