Interesting

How many Iced Earth fans still haven't heard of Pyramaze... how is this possible? Your thoughts?

They're ignorant and think to themselves "MATT NEVER LEFT ICED EARTH. MATT NEVER LEFT ICED EARTH! HE DID NOT QUIT!"

Therefore they would probably say "I WILL NOT LISTEN TO THIS SO CALLED IMMORTAL!"

IMO Immortal is better than The Crucible of Man, just because Immortal brought a new VOICE to the voice, which made it NEW and REFRESHING :headbang:

Well, I think there are two kinds of IE fans that it's possible for them to have not heard of Pyramaze.
First: Those that believe that IE sold out at Burnt Offerings and are refusing to listen to any album other than the past two (at least I'm pretty sure some of those exist).
Second: Those that are fans, but don't read anything in the internet and shit but just buy the albums, so I suppose it's possible for them to not know of Pyramaze.

However, I wonder how many have heard of Pyramaze but didn't bother to check out the music. I think that that would just be ignorant of them. Anyway, anyone who hasn't heard Pyramaze has no idea what he's missing :)

I am in some communities and I was really surprised how little-known Pyramaze is. Pyramaze??? Never heard.
You need more publicity and it depends a little bit in us fans to spread the word.
I noticed if people hear the music, they like it. :)

How many Iced Earth fans still haven't heard of Pyramaze... how is this possible? Your thoughts?

willful ignorance I guess, though I don't understand it...

If I like a singer, I'd 'follow' him everywhere, be it a side project, another band or whatever. As Matt was my favorite vocalist, I immediately had to check out a strange band called Pyramaze as soon as I heard he joined! ;)

Same with Urban and all of you guys: I'm interested in Tad Morose, Bloodbound, Sturcture of Inhumanity, Written In Blood (where are the samples btw, you promised them to be online by the end of September ;-), Wuthering Heights,... aahh, and your Mourning-Child-release (I still have to register with Paypal to order it, shame on me).

Of course, checking out something new and liking it are two different things. As I love your work with Pyramaze I think that I will like some other stuff you're involved in as well. That's why I surely will check out anything, I can't imagine not doing that. :)

I noticed if people hear the music, they like it. :)

The only way to go! How can you know Pyramaze and not like them? That's impossible! :)

We all have to spread the word!

:kickass:

IMO Immortal is better than The Crucible of Man
I disagree. One is pretty much as bad as the other.

As for Iced Earth fans not knowing about Iced Earth... Just because someone is a fan of Iced Earth doesn't necessarily mean they are a fan of Matt Barlow. So it's likely they won't find out about him singing on the new Pyramaze album, because they don't really care much about him. In fact, a great many people were actually glad to see Matt leave Iced Earth because they didn't like his singing at all
shrug2.gif
This will probably come as a complete shock to some uber fanboys on this forum but hey, you can't argue about tastes.

In fact, a great many people were actually glad to see Matt leave Iced Earth because they didn't like his singing at all
shrug2.gif
Sure they exist, but they seem to pale in comparison to those IE fans that adore Matt. But yeah, I think it comes down to those IE fans that don't use the net much (at least not for music)...those are pretty much the only fans who wouldn't have heard about Matt and Pyramaze.

I think it comes down to those IE fans that don't use the net much (at least not for music)...those are pretty much the only fans who wouldn't have heard about Matt and Pyramaze.

Hm... Chrissie said she's in some communities (guess they're online) and people still don't know Pyramaze! This is what I really wonder about. To me, the only explanation is, as Obsolum posted, they just don't care about Matt. Otherwise they would have to know.

Several years ago I hardly used the internet, but I read some magazines... I'm sure that they all have written about Matt's return as well. So I would know it, even if I would not use the internet as much as I do. Same about Urban, I'm sure I would know him by now as well.

It just seems surprising...I would think most Iced Earth fans online frequent news sites like Blabbermouth or Bravewords, or at least some band/music forum they visit or other online friends would've spread the word at that point
shrug2.gif
I never ever visit either of those :) I do frequent a couple of metal boards, though. Two, to be exact, both of which you're also registered on ;) I get most my metal news from there, and a bit from a couple IRC channels.

its a shame, every1 on the Minions of the Watch forum thought Pyramaze was badass, and that is THE most popular IE free-membership English forum.

In a mainstream sense Pyramaze is not as well known, that I think may be the only reason why some IE fans haven't bothered checking you guys out.

Recently i've met some people who knew Pyramaze only because of Matt's appearance on Immortal...they didn't know about melancholy beast or The legend of the bone carver...i urged them to fill that gap a.s.a.p. :)

IMO, there really has been no mention of what Matt has been doing outside of Iced Earth besides being a cop.
Unless you are a die hard prog metal enthusiast.
Also IMO, I'm not a big fan of Schaffer's attitude. The only reason he asked Matt to come back is because Iced Earth wasn't doing all that well since he left. He saw Matt was singing for Pyramaze and probably freaked out a little after he heard "Immortal".
He figured bringing him back would revitalize Iced Earth's fan base before losing Matt to Pyramaze permanently. But then again they are brothers in-law.
I prefer Lance King and Urban's style better anyway. I may get bashed for saying this but it is what it is.

IMO, there really has been no mention of what Matt has been doing outside of Iced Earth besides being a cop.
Unless you are a die hard prog metal enthusiast.
Also IMO, I'm not a big fan of Schaffer's attitude. The only reason he asked Matt to come back is because Iced Earth wasn't doing all that well since he left. He saw Matt was singing for Pyramaze and probably freaked out a little after he heard "Immortal".
He figured bringing him back would revitalize Iced Earth's fan base before losing Matt to Pyramaze permanently. But then again they are brothers in-law.
I prefer Lance King and Urban's style better anyway. I may get bashed for saying this but it is what it is.

I bet Schaffer doesn't has to pay Barlow as much either since they are brothers in law.

I prefer MB and LOTBC over Immortal

I disagree. One is pretty much as bad as the other.

As for Iced Earth fans not knowing about Iced Earth... Just because someone is a fan of Iced Earth doesn't necessarily mean they are a fan of Matt Barlow. So it's likely they won't find out about him singing on the new Pyramaze album, because they don't really care much about him. In fact, a great many people were actually glad to see Matt leave Iced Earth because they didn't like his singing at all
shrug2.gif
This will probably come as a complete shock to some uber fanboys on this forum but hey, you can't argue about tastes.

Agreed with Obsolum ;), i like both in a fuckin' BIG way :headbang::headbang: