Interesting

well when it was first announced that barlow went to pyramaze i jumped on the opportunity to hear more barlow... but i just couldnt wait so i got myself legend of the bonecarver... and loved it! so i decided to wait for it... being a huge barlow fan i still like the bone carver more... but immortal is still good :) now the crucible of man... ugh id say its one of the worst iced earth albums ever... it doesnt utilize whats great about barlows voice... i think Schaffer just got too used to writing for owens and stayed with it... or atleast tried it on barlow... heres how i would rate the iced earth albums
iced earth 7/10
stormrider 7.5/10
burnt offerings 8.5/10
dark saga 10/10
something wicked 9.5/10
horror show 11/10 :)
tribute to the gods 4/10 id say discluding this album my statement still stands
the glorious burden 9/10
framing armageddon 9/10
crucible of man 6/10 its weak... its doesnt have enough power... and some songs just well sound odd, not good...
im hoping schaffer comes to his senses and fixes it in pt.3

Also IMO, I'm not a big fan of Schaffer's attitude. The only reason he asked Matt to come back is because Iced Earth wasn't doing all that well since he left. He saw Matt was singing for Pyramaze and probably freaked out a little after he heard "Immortal".

My thoughts as well... He always said that Ripper has the voice he hears in his mind when writing songs, so why kick him out of the band?

well when it was first announced that barlow went to pyramaze i jumped on the opportunity to hear more barlow... but i just couldnt wait so i got myself legend of the bonecarver... and loved it! so i decided to wait for it... being a huge barlow fan i still like the bone carver more... but immortal is still good :)

Agreed! :kickass:

now the crucible of man... ugh id say its one of the worst iced earth albums ever... it doesnt utilize whats great about barlows voice... i think Schaffer just got too used to writing for owens and stayed with it... or atleast tried it on barlow...

Hm, guess it all started with The Glorious Burden, I still would not consider it a great album if Matt did the vocals... IE has been my favorite band for years, but now I somewhat lost my interest completely... However, the Pyra-forum is the wrong place to go into detail some more.

Guthix there is no real Part III. from everything said in interviews with Shaffer the only things next are a comic possibly and even a movie of sorts. After the tour and a break, Jon will be working on something new.

ANYWAY, Pyramaze rocks, hoping the upcoming Denmark shows kick ass. That will draw more fans.

^
That's for sure. Pyramaze kickass and still haven't reached their peak. They still have countless of awesome albums to release! :)
Iced Earth I think has reached their peak. Though I haven't heard The Crucible of Man yet (shameful, I know), I'm sure it's not as good as their old stuff, before The (un)Glorious Burden. However, I have a really strong feeling that after all the weird shit that's been going on with IE in the past few years, now they're stabilizing and the next album will kick major ass!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to future releases by both amazing bands! :kickass:

Agreed with Obsolum ;), i like both in a fuckin' BIG way :headbang::headbang:
Heh, I guess you could interpret my statement that way, but I actually meant that I think both albums... well... suck
shrug2.gif

wait wha? no part 3 o_O well now im confused its always been the wicked trilogy how can u not finalize it... unless i missed something o_O i thought the story would end in a big bang >.> well that has just disappointed me further... oh well... lets hope the next release is much better

The only trilogy involved with the SW concept are the three songs at the end of the SWTWC album...that's probably where your confusion stems from. But as of right now, Jon has no plans for any more SW-related albums.

wait wha? no part 3 o_O well now im confused its always been the wicked trilogy how can u not finalize it... unless i missed something o_O i thought the story would end in a big bang >.> well that has just disappointed me further... oh well... lets hope the next release is much better

Yep you missed something, I can't see any disappointment on a conceptional side short of some redundancy but it has its moments.

Framing Armageddon was about the song Prophecy-right before Birth Of the Wicked.
Then The Crucible of Man was Birth of the Wicked-Coming Curse and beyond.

makes sense due to you can't really spread out that many songs over Set being born. It happens. no real recurrence for an event that was reflected more than twice on FA and then given about 2 songs for the CoM.

The song 'Come What May' is the closure of the series since the songs Something Wicked part III (song) and Divide & Devour ended the Coming Curse segment.

Yes on crucible not having power

For my other friends who dont know Pyramaze (I am the only Pyrawarrior on school, and there like a total of 6 IC fans in my school)

They just dont follow the band, they say they love IE but they dont know the cronology, when the sinbger change, what happened, why did matt leave, what is their secret? They just dont care they listen to music and not the news.