Pyramaze vocalist ????

I don't think he produced Immortal,but i remember listening to Andromeda Unchained at a local CD store and the first thing i thought was:"Shit that's gotta be Lance!".
On a technical side,his voice,while mostly in high octaves,has amazing control.

Maybe Lance will come back though,it happened with Falconer and Iced Earth after all:D

Jacob Hansen? Isn't he the guy that produced Immortal or something?

Jacob produced the first two cd's and I believe they used a different producer for Immortal, but they did the final mix with Jacob...I think?

Jacobs a good singer and talented guy and logistically it would be easy for him to sing for Pyramaze. I just think his voice is to high and light...after now hearing Matts heavy-raw emotional style...it works very well with Pyramaze music.

Jacob produced the first two cd's and I believe they used a different producer for Immortal, but they did the final mix with Jacob...I think?

Jacobs a good singer and talented guy and logistically it would be easy for him to sing for Pyramaze. I just think his voice is to high and light...after now hearing Matts heavy-raw emotional style...it works very well with Pyramaze music.

I agree that it works,but i still think that the first two albums were the essence of Pyramaze.I'm not saying that Immortal doesn't sound like Pyramaze,it does very much so,i just think they tweaked it just a little to find a sweet spot that's compatible with Matt's voice.

But in the end,the guys will find a suitable singer anyways,they set the bar high with Matt already:D

I agree that it works,but i still think that the first two albums were the essence of Pyramaze.I'm not saying that Immortal doesn't sound like Pyramaze,it does very much so,i just think they tweaked it just a little to find a sweet spot that's compatible with Matt's voice.
they will do that with the next singer as well. Having say Lance's or Barlow's tweaking will sound off of what Pyramaze should be with a new singer. Their musical awareness is something to be respected. Seeing as how many ppl will either sellout or just sound like crap to 'compensate'.
Pyramaze with Lance will be Pyramaze with Lance
Pyramaze with Barlow will be Pyramaze with Barlow
Pyramaze with Urban will be Pyramaze with Urban:Smokin:...wait hes not in the band....yet...possibly?.....idk

I loved Pyramaze with Lance and was saddened to hear of his departure. Matt is a great singer but in a different way and it's taken me quite a few listens to get used to his style (I was never into Iced Earth)
But now the album has grown on me and now I feel sorry for the Pyra-guys for having to find yet another great singer. I know for sure that here in Denmark available and capable singers do not grow on trees... I still hope they'll find a local singer, so I'll have a chance of seeing them live again soon... Saw them with Lance almost two years ago at a small venue and they kicked ass!

Listening to that sample posted above, I gotta agree that Urban Breed would suit Pyramaze's style perfectly
smile_nod.gif

Listening to that sample posted above, I gotta agree that Urban Breed would suit Pyramaze's style perfectly
smile_nod.gif

I'd like to think that the reason that the band aggressively went after getting Matt to join the band was because all of us here were wanting to see that happen. Hopefully they listen to their fans again, and deliver another stellar album, with the vocalist that the majority of us would like to hear in Pyramaze, Urban breed (<= notice the spelling? The lowercase "b"? That's apparently how Urban spells his last name. Strange people those Swedes are :loco:)

Here's another clip for you to Obs:

http://www.dynamicform.se/bloodbound/Music/bloodbound - 01 - Behind The Moon.mp3

Haha, TWO, you're quite the campaigner...I think Barack Obama should sign you up :D

thing is i don't want obama...but we don't need to push that any further.....

well my thoughts

Urban breed would have 3 bands from this: Bloodboun, Trail of Murder, Pyramaze. a great singer who was the longest running vocalist for Tad Morose. A great band mind you.
Jens Carlsson has 3 bands: Id think hed do well but hed be juggling more than he already is. A dream, but not possible.
Hansi: while this could work thered be issues.he has alot of guest appearances lately and not to mention he technically has 3 projects going right now as well.
Blaine Hammond: Formerly of the band Shadow Demon(RIP shadow demon...:cry:) Kinda like a Jens meets Barlow but to me hes a jack of all trades but master of none. He does have a distinct voice, something that Pyramaze deserves

I wouldn't mind listening to John West(Silent Force , Royal Hunt),his clean voice would fit in nicely ,in my opinion.

Having a different singer for every album would be interesting,Pyramaze would be the go-to band for whoever wants to make a name for themselves:D

Seriously though you simply can't go wrong with that band.period.

Oh and yes i agree with Urban.

Fucking shit, Urban breed has an amazing voice. He has similarities to both Matt and Lance I think, but also something different. He'd fit in really great with Pyramaze.

well sooner or later theyll need to have a consistent singer. For the sake of live shows.

The way this goes, well hear so and so from the album they did only a year later to have another so and so do their album. Itll get to the point of "can this singer really give the old songs the performance they deserve?" That sounds harsh and demeaning but thats how it goes. Some singers have their strengths and weaknesses.

Say you pick up a Kiske like singer, would they sound right with Immortal? It would be an interesting take on the Lance Era but you potentially fucked over an entire CD of anthems.

But Pyramaze knows what its doing and in the end, will do whats best.
after all i am just speculating, and the kiske thing would be amazing...:lol:

well sooner or later theyll need to have a consistent singer. For the sake of live shows.

The way this goes, well hear so and so from the album they did only a year later to have another so and so do their album. Itll get to the point of "can this singer really give the old songs the performance they deserve?" That sounds harsh and demeaning but thats how it goes. Some singers have their strengths and weaknesses.

Say you pick up a Kiske like singer, would they sound right with Immortal? It would be an interesting take on the Lance Era but you potentially fucked over an entire CD of anthems.

But Pyramaze knows what its doing and in the end, will do whats best.
after all i am just speculating, and the kiske thing would be amazing...:lol:

Kiske would be great,not sure if he'd be interested though since he's not into the whole metal scene anymore,or so i've read in an interview.

I really do hope they find a singer that's gonna be a permanent part of Pyramaze and not worry about live shows or how the albums are gonna sound.
Tough days await them,but hell,they'll turn dust into gold:kickass:

Fucking shit, Urban breed has an amazing voice. He has similarities to both Matt and Lance I think, but also something different. He'd fit in really great with Pyramaze.

Yup...props for Urban for sometime now. I agree about the similarities, (one of my latest posts), he kinda has the perfect mix of a bit of Lance and Matt in his voice.
I wonder if he would ever go back with Tad Morose? They picked up a new singer, but nothing has come of it for sometime now. I believe TM's drummer left and is now with Steel Attack. Kinda losing hope for Tad Morose and thier uncertainy...a damn good band in thier on right.