Internship Help!

Randyisgod15

Mikey B Nasty
Apr 15, 2008
New York
So I'm attending college in New York majoring in Music Industry, minoring in Audio Production. In order to graduate I need to complete a summer internship pertaining to my major/minor (for college credit obviously), and so far no luck. Now, I could take the lazy/uninspired route and just work at a hole in the wall studio or venue in NY. But I'm feeling adventurous, and want to see if any of you fine Sneapsters can help me out here. Anyone have any connects/ideas (or are owners of a studio for that matter) who might be interested in taking on an intern this summer? This can be national (US) or International (which would rule) and I really am looking for a genuine learning experience to whip my n00b ass into shape!

Yeah, I am in a very similar position as you.

My advice would just be to browse the net and look at studios everywhere and email people. Chances are you won't get a response the majority of the time, but there is bound to be someone that you contact that will get back in touch with you. You are lucky to be in NY though where there are a ton of studios. I am in the middle of nowhere in terms of studios haha.