Interpretation..

Chainer

Aug 8, 2006
What meaning to some of you get out of the lyrics for 'Hours of Wealth'.I love the song,and have yet to really get my own interpretaton of the lyrics of the song.

my first impression was that it was about the life on tour ... on a moment when you realize that you miss your family and home.
it starts out with the urge to go and tour and to satisfy that "fever" but soon you find yourself longing for home again ...

perhaps this sounds stupid to most of you people here, but that's what it sounds like for me :p

for me i will always see this album as a concept/storyline album (i know mike said it wasnt so it obviously isn't.......maybe...) so since this character is possibly in the suicide cirlce of hell according to dantes inferno (the damned are tree's and death is a jest) or possibly he catches glimses of hell in his haunted fevers, he is now a ghost having taken his own life to end the fevers. he see's the the familar people passing by but cannot interact with them. or possibly he made a pact with the devil/demon to end the fevers/haunting and is awaiting his task (the grand conjuration) in some sort a inlimbo stage of existence.

for me i will always see this album as a concept/storyline album (i know mike said it wasnt so it obviously isn't.......maybe...) so since this character is possibly in the suicide cirlce of hell according to dantes inferno (the damned are tree's and death is a jest) or possibly he catches glimses of hell in his haunted fevers, he is now a ghost having taken his own life to end the fevers. he see's the the familar people passing by but cannot interact with them. or possibly he made a pact with the devil/demon to end the fevers/haunting and is awaiting his task (the grand conjuration) in some sort a inlimbo stage of existence.

I also see the album as a story. I interpreted Hours of Wealth as a brief and lonely respite in this person's struggle against an unknown force. Just as the Grand Conjuration could be the clash between the protagonist and the antagonist. Then Isolation Years is kind of like a reflection many years down the road: the protagonist won, in a sense, but he or, possibly, she feels that they have failed and they are mourning for Rosemary. I'd explain about my theories for the first five songs, but that would take too tlong and I'm lazy. ;P

my first impression was that it was about the life on tour ... on a moment when you realize that you miss your family and home.
it starts out with the urge to go and tour and to satisfy that "fever" but soon you find yourself longing for home again ...

perhaps this sounds stupid to most of you people here, but that's what it sounds like for me :p

that was always my thought on it, perhaps this is just some pathetic attempt at re-asserting the ghost reveries concept album bullshit

Nice!

I also see the album as a story. I interpreted Hours of Wealth as a brief and lonely respite in this person's struggle against an unknown force. Just as the Grand Conjuration could be the clash between the protagonist and the antagonist. Then Isolation Years is kind of like a reflection many years down the road: the protagonist won, in a sense, but he or, possibly, she feels that they have failed and they are mourning for Rosemary. I'd explain about my theories for the first five songs, but that would take too tlong and I'm lazy. ;P

Isolation Years wasn't meant to be part of the concept though, which is why the album isn't officially a concept album. Mike wanted to add Isolation Years so he changed the order of the album and decided not to make the concept...

I agree with russiaonice, that sound like a good interpretation...

also I don't like the touring interpretation, that seems like a pretty shallow interpretation of a song which I think deserves more. I wouldn't like Hours of Wealth if it was about touring, the song is obviously not about something as mundane as "touring", even if that can be a very hard thing especially with being seperated from family for a long time.

i agree with black session on the touring interpretation and i dont find it shallow or mundane at all. it's a huge part of a musican's life (think about it...you are away from your home and family for months...thats something we listeners cannot fully comprehend really) so the inspiration could be from that.