Interview questions

Jinn

Saint
May 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida USA
Hey guys, sorry I've been away for a while [for those that care :p ]

Anyways, As some may know, I write for Maelstrom and I may have a chance to interview one or more of the band members when they come to Houston, Texas on November 12th.

I'm already making a list of questions but I'm just wondering what fans want to know about most, and so where else to turn but the band's own fan forum!

So, kindly post your questions about what you would like me to ask either Anders or Jonas [I'm not sure who I'm gonna be interviewing, if at all, but I've got a hunch it'll be one of those two :) ] and if the question is good, it will be asked!

Thanks,

~Jinn

www.maelstrom.nu

My questions:
1.Will there be a 3rd single of "TGCD" in 2007 and if so which song?
2.Are there any songs in the "TGCD" sessions that were recorded and "saved" for a future album?(like consternation was originally recorded at the Viva sessions and was saved for TGCD and was re-recorded)
3.Is there any chance of a release of the Viva sessions version of Consternation for us die hard fans?(probably in the form of a bonus track, a secret track or one of the b-sides on a single/ep)

paradoxile said:
3.Is there any chance of a release of the Viva sessions version of Consternation for us die hard fans?(probably in the form of a bonus track, a secret track or one of the b-sides on a single/ep)

I thought it was destroyed or lost...

I heard daniel was thinking of leaving the band after the tour. Is there any truth in this rumor? I hope this isn't true because he is such a great drummer and since he came into the band they have done their very best work in my opinion. also have they started thinking about the next cd yet and if so any details would be great appreciated.

p.s. tell them it was a mistake to keep dissolving bonds off the cd! heh or just tell em how much it rocks my socks.

I wanna know will the next album be a softer turn or be in the vein of TGCD?Is there any possibilty for them to make a soft album like Opeth's damnation in the future?By the way very kind of you to ask this to us,thanks mate;)

paradoxile said:
My questions:
2.Are there any songs in the "TGCD" sessions that were recorded and "saved" for a future album?(like consternation was originally recorded at the Viva sessions and was saved for TGCD and was re-recorded)
It wasn't 'saved', on the contrary, the entire recording of the track was lost in a hard disc crash at the studio, so that's why they decided to re-recorded it for TGCD. So there simply isn't any VE version of the track to include on any single..

@ Jinn, make sure this isn't your only post for another 6 months, stick around!

1. what's the deal with the damn 'cocroach + 1985' in the TGCD jewelcase artwork

2. any rumours about Mr. Israphel Wing?

3. the meaning behind the 'July' lyrics. am i right with my 'marriage murder'-hypothesis? (--> see the 'TGCD detailed discussion: July'-thread for further details)

4. what about a tour with Madder Mortem?

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be back... shit just keeps dragging it's way to me. I had to pick up a second job for two months here and work nearly 70 hours combined on both jobs to help pay for my girlfriend's doctor bills. She got diagnosed with ovarian cancer and needed immediate surgery. The insurance company stiffed her and her family because her father had just been diagnosed with colon cancer and because insurance companies are greedy sons of bitches.

SOOO, since her father had some serious surgery, he wasn't able to work due to complications which I won't go into, and this means no income for the family who really isn't prepared for something like a double cancer... so yea, I had to pull out of Penn State and work my ass off for her.

Good news is, the bills are nearly paid off, and i can now split my earnings into pieces, and I'll be using my half to get lessons from Rusty Cooley!

Jinn said:
Thanks guys, I'm glad to be back... shit just keeps dragging it's way to me. I had to pick up a second job for two months here and work nearly 70 hours combined on both jobs to help pay for my girlfriend's doctor bills. She got diagnosed with ovarian cancer and needed immediate surgery. The insurance company stiffed her and her family because her father had just been diagnosed with colon cancer and because insurance companies are greedy sons of bitches.

SOOO, since her father had some serious surgery, he wasn't able to work due to complications which I won't go into, and this means no income for the family who really isn't prepared for something like a double cancer... so yea, I had to pull out of Penn State and work my ass off for her.

Good news is, the bills are nearly paid off, and i can now split my earnings into pieces, and I'll be using my half to get lessons from Rusty Cooley!
hmmm, bad stuff... sorry to hear
but it's really great you know what's the best to do for everyone;)

about the question... I don't really know. I'll post it when I have ideas

Thanks Vincent. I hope this is the best thing to do.. I just don't want them to be in debt, because debt sucks hard.

At least the dean at PSU is letting me come back in January.

Jinn said:
Thanks Vincent. I hope this is the best thing to do.. I just don't want them to be in debt, because debt sucks hard.

At least the dean at PSU is letting me come back in January.
ah for what it's worth, I believe it's the right thing, though I can't really say that, because I don't know much of the situation... ah well:)
Btw, the surgery went alright?

Yep. Surgery went smoothly, and she's almost done with her post surgery medication regimen.

By the way guys, feel free to take your time and think of some good questions... ya got until November!

Poor Jinn..but it´s admirable that you worked so hard to help out your gf.
I couldn´t imagine the sanitary system sucked so much in the USA...that´s why I´m happy it is not the same here in Europe otherwise with all the operations that my father had, we should have gone bankrupt!

About interview questions,I don´t know.. maybe if they will do a bigger European tour as they announced at the beginning...
I guess it is too soon to speak about a future album, so maybe if there are some news about the DVD, if it is gonna be filmed during this tour, etc.

And what are these rumors about Daniel???Hope it´s not true...

And a question to Anders...(well this has nothing to do with the interview, but however...) what do you think about "Rocks" moving to Stureplan? I guess it won´t be the same anymore...

yep.....thats a stand up guy thing to do.....kudos Jinn.....your a good man. I remember when you first came and I had a problem with you....lol.....your actions say your one hell of a guy!!!! Way to be an example for mankind brother.