Interview with Mike Pinnella on USA Progressive Music

I wonder of the posters a few posts above realize the person who posted the link is the interviewer.

Be nice, folks..I bet you'd have all been nervous as hell too if it were you doing the interview. Kudos to Jill for having the balls to post the audio rather than just transcribing it into text.

I've done plenty of interviews in my time and it is nervewracking. Still, they're just people. I'm glad i got over that shit and stuff, but it takes time.

still, my favorite interview i ever did was the beginning of my Scar Symmetry interview...

Me: "You know the chorus for "The Illusionist?"

Henrik: "Um.. yeah"

Me: "That was awesome" </chris farley>

Henrik: "... Ok, cool"

:lol:

Journalism is one of the things I have in mind for a field to go into if the whole music thing doesn't work out. I've never been very good at one on one conversations and sstuff with people I don't know that well, so I guess that's something I'd have to get better with.

As for the interview with Pinella, he sounds NOTHING like what I thought he would've sounded like. Great interview, but I'm just so surprised by his voice. I expected him to be alot more quiet and serious sounding, as opposed to hearing what sounded like a beer opening in the background. :lol:

I've done plenty of interviews in my time and it is nervewracking. Still, they're just people. I'm glad i got over that shit and stuff, but it takes time.

still, my favorite interview i ever did was the beginning of my Scar Symmetry interview...

Me: "You know the chorus for "The Illusionist?"

Henrik: "Um.. yeah"

Me: "That was awesome" </chris farley>

Henrik: "... Ok, cool"

This post has just made my day...can't stop laughing.

The only thing I have ever heard Pinnella say was "Oh... it's tuff", at Vintage Vinyl when I asked him how the tour was going.

someone, some kind soul pls transcribe the interview. some of us can't play the damn thing.

are you using safari?

anyway the interview was awsome, seems a lot different than i pictured hi to be.

good to see he's still using a roland product althoguh i hope to god he's still using his JV-2080 because it would be hard for him to play there old stuff without some of those pathes, espically the harpsichord.

of sins and shadows with a yamaha motif harpsichord? i think not.

Nice review when I finally got it to work. In a way, audio interviews are much more interesting than just text.