Interview with Progpower USA '08 performer

Cool interview with Jon. I also went back on some of your older pages and found your interview with King Diamond, which I also thought was very interesting. Good stuff, man.

I agree with the previous posts. Nice interview. Great questions.

What has always amazed me about Jon is that he'll be extremely adamant about a decision (for example, Tim Owens joining the band) one minute, and totally contradictory about it the next. Tim is either the greatest singer since Pavarotti -- and together they form the greatest songwriting partnership since Lennon-McCartney -- or Ripper's not into it and not right for the band.

I think that's part of the reason why (in Jon's words) people talk shit about him. They can't keep track of what he's praising or condemning from minute to minute.

Some of the greatest bands in the world have endured horrific internal strife. But that was the catalyst for producing truly remarkable music. Iced Earth is no different. Jon Schaeffer appears to be a difficult man to work with. But, in the end, he crafts extraordinary music that stands the test of time.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to read the interview.

Bill