Interview with Symphony X tomorrow! (Suggestions for questions are welcomed)

Rod Tyler sounds awful. If you feel otherwise, then that's good, but ask 99% of people who have heard it and they will vehemently agree. The production was bad and the songs are pretty terrible too in my opinion. If I had to rate it, I'd honestly give it 3/10 at best.
Tyler is a good singer, but the way he used his voice on the album couldn't have been worse. I agree that the production was very bad, but I still think that the songs are awesome. Yes, even Shades of Grey :)

Well, just to put an end to the speculation until I get this thing written up, Lepond stated (not word for word not just going from memory)that they are not going to re-do the first album. They talked about it before but now they have decided it wouldn't be a good idea. If they some songs it would be for the hardcore fans and maybe used as bonus track on some future release, but the stuff they're writing now interests them so much more and they just want to continue in that progression.

Tyler is a good singer, but the way he used his voice on the album couldn't have been worse. I agree that the production was very bad, but I still think that the songs are awesome. Yes, even Shades of Grey :)

I beg to differ. Considering that the SX debut is the only release he's ever been on (based on the quick search I just did), it doesn't look like there's anything out there to change my mind.

Well, just to put an end to the speculation until I get this thing written up, Lepond stated (not word for word not just going from memory)that they are not going to re-do the first album. They talked about it before but now they have decided it wouldn't be a good idea. If they some songs it would be for the hardcore fans and maybe used as bonus track on some future release, but the stuff they're writing now interests them so much more and they just want to continue in that progression.

Well, thanks for asking. It's too bad, it would have been cool to hear them do that. However, as a band, you have to accept what you did in the past and leave it like that.
I guess that all of us would rather see them release a new album than an old one :rolleyes:

ok people. symphony x in 94' wasnt isnt the same as in 2008. i think for what romeo was going for tyler did the job and romeo had to find people fast for that japanese record company so sure it maybe (to you guys) wasn't the best in terms of production/songs etc. but this was their first go. if i had a first album like that id be fuckin stoked!

Well, got my photos uploaded. Enjoy you twats!

HeavyMTL2008061.jpg

HeavyMTL2008111.jpg

HeavyMTL2008064.jpg

HeavyMTL2008062.jpg

HeavyMTL2008058.jpg

HeavyMTL2008046.jpg

HeavyMTL2008054.jpg

HeavyMTL2008053.jpg

HeavyMTL2008049.jpg

HeavyMTL2008048.jpg

HeavyMTL2008044.jpg

HeavyMTL2008039.jpg

HeavyMTL2008034.jpg

HeavyMTL2008032.jpg

HeavyMTL2008037.jpg

I would like to hear more of the epic fantasy stuff they wrote, like Accolades and Odyssey, so ask if they're gonna make that kind of stuff anymore ! :kickass:

Cool pics man.

I like the songs on the s/t album, and many of them do have potential with Russ singing. Imagine Thorns or Absinthe with Russell...

I once had the chance to listen to 'Masquerade' (demo in Odyssey) with Russ singing and it's fucking AMAZING! :headbang:
This is totally unfair btw, I think it should be available to everyone who owns 'The Odyssey', but anyway...
It was much better than I expected.

I once had the chance to listen to 'Masquerade' (demo in Odyssey) with Russ singing and it's fucking AMAZING! :headbang:
This is totally unfair btw, I think it should be available to everyone who owns 'The Odyssey', but anyway...
It was much better than I expected.

It's on the import version (or possibly just a special edition version). I have the same one, with Masquerade. Most people have it on here, I think.

They also offered it as a download on the site at one point, I believe.

The last tour featured Masquerade as a staple of the set. I liked it much better live than recorded.