INTERVIEWS: COMMUNIC, SONATA ARCTICA, KRUCIBLE, CELLADOR, VANDEN PLAS, RAINTIME!

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
We're less than three weeks from the world's best metal festival.

So I thought now would be a good time to post the last six interviews I conducted for PPUSA VIII:

Oddleif Stensland of Communic
Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica
Shane Dubose of Krucible (and Showcase organizer)
Bill Hudson of Cellador
Andy Kuntz of Vanden Plas
Claudio Coassin of Raintime

I had a blast talking to these talented musicians. I hope y'all have enjoyed reading my interviews this year. Remember: To get the full story, you'll have to pick up where we left off in this year's PPUSA printed program.

Many thanks to Glenn for giving me this opportunity again.

Thanks to Deron for his patience.

Thanks to Shane for being the nicest man in metal.

Last, but not least, thanks to my wife, Elisabeth, for her fleet-fingered work on the transcriptions.

Enjoy!

Bill

P.S. In case the above link to the interviews doesn't work, you can find all PPUSA VIII interviews here.

Am I the only one to think that Communic doesnt suond like Nevermore? And Nevermore is like one of my top5 favorites...

Most excellent interviews. Thanks for the interesting reads!

Am I the only one to think that Communic doesnt suond like Nevermore? And Nevermore is like one of my top5 favorites...

They sound a bit like Nevermore, but only in the timbre of Oddleif's voice and the wall-of-sound guitar riffage. Plus, their songs are a bit dark.

But I think I like Communic better than Nevermore. Don't know why. They're just more accessible to me.

Bill