Into Eternity and Zero Hour

Hahah that's exactly what I told the Tipton twins!! That seeing Zero Hour on the same bill with Into Eternity and Dream Theater would be my ultimate dream come true tour package!!

Zero Hour rules!!!!

Why don't you like Zero Hour?

I think Zero Hour is an unbelievable band. Zero Hour and Into Eternity are a couple of the most under-rated bands out there.

You're right, they are unbelievable... unbelievably bad that is. I don't think the singer has good tone or pitch at all. The guitars sound like they are fighting vs actually playing. Just not my thing at all... But I'm a total music snob to be honest and if the musicians aren't 100% up to par with their talent I have no qualms about stating it.

In fact, over the weekend I went to a metal festival. There was only 3 bands out of about 20 that did anything for me. And only one that I sought out to get more information on. Even my friends band was shitty and I told him point blank.

So, eh, it's a matter of opinion is all. I'd still go to see IE... but would either arrive late and miss ZH or drink myself into a stupor so I didn't have to watch/listen.

-Metal

You're right, they are unbelievable... unbelievably bad that is. I don't think the singer has good tone or pitch at all. The guitars sound like they are fighting vs actually playing. Just not my thing at all... But I'm a total music snob to be honest and if the musicians aren't 100% up to par with their talent I have no qualms about stating it.

In fact, over the weekend I went to a metal festival. There was only 3 bands out of about 20 that did anything for me. And only one that I sought out to get more information on. Even my friends band was shitty and I told him point blank.

So, eh, it's a matter of opinion is all. I'd still go to see IE... but would either arrive late and miss ZH or drink myself into a stupor so I didn't have to watch/listen.

-Metal

I don't care if you like Zero Hour or not; But to say they are "unbelievably bad" is quite retarded to say the least. First off, Chris Salinas is a great vocalist. He has unbelievable range and he has great tone and he sounds exactly like Geoff Tate. Jasun Tipton is an amazing guitarist. He is by far one of the best guitarists in metal. Troy Tipton blows away about any other bass player out there today. Then you have Mike Guy who is a great drummer also. if your talking about Zero Hour's old singer, yeah is unique, but Erik had great vocal abilities too. Like I said, I don't care if you don't like them, but to say they suck is stupid.

I don't care if you like Zero Hour or not; But to say they are "unbelievably bad" is quite retarded to say the least. First off, Chris Salinas is a great vocalist. He has unbelievable range and he has great tone and he sounds exactly like Geoff Tate. Jasun Tipton is an amazing guitarist. He is by far one of the best guitarists in metal. Troy Tipton blows away about any other bass player out there today. Then you have Mike Guy who is a great drummer also. if your talking about Zero Hour's old singer, yeah is unique, but Erik had great vocal abilities too. Like I said, I don't care if you don't like them, but to say they suck is stupid.

How old are you, ten?

My jab at them was tounge in cheek, which on the internet is hard to pull off. So I should have added a smiley or something to show my jest.

~but~

I stated that I do not like their music. I think the singers pitch is off. To be honest, I'm not a totally sold on Tate's vocals either Or Worrell.... Or Tarja... There are a LOT Of vocalists that could use a lot of work. It's a matter of opinion.

I don't think the guys abilities are horrid, but when put together as a band, I don't think they mesh well at all. I never said ZH sucks, I said I don't like the band and gave VALID reasons as to why.

To call me retarded and stupid instead of having a logical and mature discussion on this isn't going to make me change my mind or give the band a second chance any faster.

I find it funny when I commented that I'd rather not see the band, you took it very personally. Are you in ZH?

-Metal

Your right, it is hard to pull off on the internet.

No I am not in Zero Hour and of course a lot of vocalists could use a lot of work. I agree on Tarja. Worrell Dane in my eyes is great vocalist, he is just crazy.

But I'm done arguing about this. I think they mesh very well together, but people have their own opinions.

Zero Hour is a very talented, amazing band.

Yup, technical metal isn't for everyone. And that's what ZH is. Zero Hour has one incredibly gifted guitarist, and one incredibly gifted bassist. Those are the Tipton twins. They are friggin virtuosos!!!! And my gosh, the way those two twins play, they sound exactly like they mesh together so well. So to say that they don't mesh is quite the contradictory statement!

Yup, technical metal isn't for everyone. And that's what ZH is. Zero Hour has one incredibly gifted guitarist, and one incredibly gifted bassist. Those are the Tipton twins. They are friggin virtuosos!!!! And my gosh, the way those two tins play, they sound exactly like they mesh together so well. So to say that they don't mesh is quite the contradictory statement!

:headbang:

well your opinion sucks!

StreamofDT, to come on a new forum (for you) and say something like this without any reasons, is totally rude and uncalled for! I first thought of just deleting your post, but chose to let you know this way instead. I may not have liked MetalRose's "unbelievably bad" comment either, but all that had been settled already.

As for ZH, I love them and esp the twins are extremely talented (singers depends on which one you're talking about, but none of them are bad in my book)! But style-wise they're certainly not or everyone.

They have played together on festivals in the past (I saw them both together twice in 2001) and they've been friends since then.
A tour together almost happened last April! They wanted to come to Europe together for the Headway fest and a short tour after that, but Century Media asked IE to cancel because they had another big US tour for them, and ZH ended up playing only the Headway fest and some Iceland shows I believe.

Zero Hour is downright amazing. If anyone doesn't like them or can't get into them they're most likely to have a hearing disability and need to go get their ears checked asap or they just can't appreciate and enjoy great music.

Kinda like Into Eternity live...

How anyone could make a comment like that about Zero Hour is just unbelievable. The music is definitely not for everyone, but to say they're unbelievably bad is just too much. Even the most closed minded of people would be able to acknowledge the talent it takes to play music like this.

The music is definitely not for everyone, but to say they're unbelievably bad is just too much. Even the most closed minded of people would be able to acknowledge the talent it takes to play music like this.

MetalRose said:
My jab at them was tounge in cheek

If you read my last post before this one you will see that I do NOT discredit any one of the talents of the people in the band.

I just wanted to clear that up before anyone else gets on my case for not liking a band.

It was my honest mistake to NOT make it known that my "unbelieveably bad" comment was in jest from the start. It was NOT my intent to come on here and flame a band (any band), regardless if I like them or not.

I am not a closed-minded person, I'm just very picky and there is a HUGE difference. I listen and digest all music handed to me. A closed minded person wouldn't even listen to it.

With that being said, to clear the air one final time on this post:

1. I don't think the guys are not talented, they are. I just don't think they are playing at their full potential that is what I was intending. But as a matter of PERSONAL OPINION, I don't think their sound works. Even people who like the band said their sound "isn't for everyone"- I'm one it's not for.

Out of respect to the band and the fans, I will not post on this thread about ZH anymore. My thoughts are known and if someone choses not to read my clarificiation of my post, then it is on them.

-Metal

:enter troy to the fray!!!!!

i think zero hour rocks...and their super cool guys...
one thing as well i'd like to point out...seeing the show and not being happy about the sound is a factor that plagues ALL touring bands...
as far as the singer being out of pitch it could have be a result of the monitors not being loud enough...as far as the guitars fighting themselves thats an issue w/ the guy mixing the sound.
i really don't think its fair to blame a band that has obvious talent for a poor sound.
its unfortuate but ultimatly inevitable...
i know IE has had some subpar nights due to horrible sound...thankfully ppl were willing to give us a second chance before passing such severe judgement.

so...yah.
\m/