INTO ETERNITY in my movie theatre!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
As I type this message, the members of INTO ETERNITY are enjoying a private showing of the movie "300" at the movie theatre I own.

After a very successful show in St. Paul, my roommate casually mentioned that I owned a theatre and had the movie "300." The band freaked out and asked to come see it. I was very happy to oblige! :headbang:

I thought you might enjoy these pics which were taken before the film started:

Before the feature shenanigans!

INTO ETERNITY and myself (front row)

How metal is my theatre?! :zombie:

That SO rocks!
Wish that I had something to offer bands coming through town other than my charm and wit. Maybe I could sell them on that I know how to get to the movies...
:)

It's fairly cool that I.E. got a private screening of '300'..........but it's MAJORLY cool that you own a movie theater!

Hmm, put in a small stage, lights and backline....... "Metal and a Movie." :headbang:

As I type this message, the members of INTO ETERNITY are enjoying a private showing of the movie "300" at the movie theatre I own.

After a very successful show in St. Paul, my roommate casually mentioned that I owned a theatre and had the movie "300." The band freaked out and asked to come see it. I was very happy to oblige! :headbang:

I thought you might enjoy these pics which were taken before the film started:

Before the feature shenanigans!

INTO ETERNITY and myself (front row)

How metal is my theatre?! :zombie:
:OMG: DUDE you still have the old Popcorn tubs??? I have not seen those around here in GA in over 15 years. :cry:

Just curious who you won the freaking movie theater off of??? Must have been a hell of a game of Poker that night eh! :kickass:

Bear

METAL AND A MOVIE!!! DO IT!!!

The only thing I can think to offer bands, when they come through Detroit, is to take em to the best strip clubs in town. And I can easily say, we've got FAR BETTER strip clubs here than in Atlanta! Cheetah's ain't got SHIT on my town! I already told Claus and the Manticorans I'll chauffeur them to the best spot when they finally do their American tour...

It's fairly cool that I.E. got a private screening of '300'..........but it's MAJORLY cool that you own a movie theater!

Hmm, put in a small stage, lights and backline....... "Metal and a Movie." :headbang:

Thanks! Well, I have to have something to pay for all of the concerts I do. :lol:

I've often thought about converting one auditorium to a club, but the area(s) that my theatre(s) are in are just not right for a club.

About four years ago, I ran into a big four-screen movie theatre that had gone out of business and I thought it would be a PERFECT nightclub. You could have had two stages and then a room for pool and a room for video games and what-not. I tried very hard to get it off the ground - I had investors and everything ready to go and the city turned the project down! I was so mad ...

Nathan

:OMG: DUDE you still have the old Popcorn tubs??? I have not seen those around here in GA in over 15 years. :cry:

Well, I'm not a big fancy-schmansy corporation like AMC or Regal that can afford to have their stuff custom-printed, so I just buy the generic stuff. I think it looks better anyway and it's more fun. Those damn tubs they are holding cost 46 cents each and I shudder to think what the custom printed ones cost!

Just curious who you won the freaking movie theater off of??? Must have been a hell of a game of Poker that night eh! :kickass:

Bear

Actually if SeaStorm (a friend of mine on this forum) would have played that game, he would have won the theatre as he is much better at playing poker than I am! :lol:

The theatre that IE is pictured in actually went out of business prior to me acquiring it. It took 9 months of negotiating with the landlord to acquire it and then I had to negotiate with the prior owner to buy the equipment inside of it. The seats that you see pictured are only 3 years old, I had those installed not long after we re-opened the facility. Obviously the only flaw of the theatre is that it's not stadium-seating, otherwise it's just as good as any other theatre around and we are $2-$3 cheaper on our admission that any other place around.

I charge $6 for evening admission and $4 for matinees before 6:00pm ... beat that spanky! :headbang:

METAL AND A MOVIE!!! DO IT!!!

Actually, I have tried "mixing" my metal and movie promotions and I've come to one inexplicable conclusion:

Most Metalheads Don't Care About Movies

For a while, I was running a "Metal Movie of the Month" promotion where I was showing movies like "Heavy Metal," "Alien," "Evil Dead," "The Devil's Rejects," etc. and I was basically doing free admission and hoping to make money on the concessions. I would show up at concerts and GIVE AWAY the tickets. Hardly anyone showed up. I ended up dumping the program and I was so proud of it, I even had a website devoted to it: metalmovie.com.

The only thing I can think to offer bands, when they come through Detroit, is to take em to the best strip clubs in town. And I can easily say, we've got FAR BETTER strip clubs here than in Atlanta! Cheetah's ain't got SHIT on my town! I already told Claus and the Manticorans I'll chauffeur them to the best spot when they finally do their American tour...

Yup ... movies for bands ... coming in a distant second to naked women! :lol:

I chartered a limo for Testament to go to a strip club when they played my metal festival in 2004. I think those girls ended up making a LOT of money.

Personally if I was a rock star, why would you go to a strip club when you could hang out with a REAL girl who attended your show? Doesn't make any sense to me ... :rolleyes:

Or maybe I'm just looney ...

Well, I'm not a big fancy-schmansy corporation like AMC or Regal that can afford to have their stuff custom-printed, so I just buy the generic stuff. I think it looks better anyway and it's more fun. Those damn tubs they are holding cost 46 cents each and I shudder to think what the custom printed ones cost!
Yeah, I prefer the paper tubs to the paper bags crap that does not hold as much movie delicious popcorn!