INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Thanks.
friendjlc.jpg

(I made this just for you guys lol)

OK, so there is an Introduce Yourself topic after all, sorry, I went to the Music discussion forum first, you know, the interesting one!

So I posted this in the 16 favourite albums topic, here's a paste:
------------------
Hello, first post here and what better way to introduce myself than to post my favourite albums, pretty much the essential information you need to know about a person. Now, I won't write 16 albums, I'll give 30, 15 for the 80s and 15 for the 90s. Why? Because I had them compiled long ago and it's just a copy/paste away! One album per band per decade:

80s:
Metallica - Master of Puppets
King Diamond - "Them"
Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday for the Deceiver
Helloween - Walls of Jericho
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Candlemass - Epicus, Doomicus, Metallicus
Helstar - Nosferatu
Crimson Glory - Transcedence
Paradox - Heresy

90s:
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Morgana Lefay - Maleficium
Obituary - Cause of Death
Malevolent Creation - Retribution
Cynic - Focus
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the Crimson Horizon
Psychotic Waltz - Into the Everflow
Skyclad - A Burnt Offering for the Bone Idol
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Gamma Ray - Heading for Tomorrow
Dream Theater - Awake
Carcass - Heartwork
Sacred Reich - The American Way

K. The other info I suppose would be relevant is the bio stuff:
32 years old. Male, from Greece. Married with two children. Veteran thrasher (saw your topic! :p). Work at a research institute, doing HCI (user interface design and stuff).

Main hobby, collecting metal shirts, wear them all the time anyway, have about 150 or so... and always looking to expand my little collection, if you can help, give me a shout!

Finally, my favourite album ever is Master of Puppets and because I saw that little flame-fest that got locked, OF COURSE IT'S FUCKING THRASH METAL. FFS. Damn revisionists...

Cheers and nice to meet you all!
-----------------------------

Oh, and I picked the Evile forum to join because A. I like Evile, B. I'm mainly into thrash and this forum seems to appreciate it!

Cheers again!

Thanks! Yeah, I had joined ages ago, I just checked, because someone had posted somewhere a little game guessing letters from band logos (nice, someone should make a new one!) and I registered just to participate in that. What a loser. :)

I like the Evile vibe, so I figured, here's a nice place to chill out on the net!

I promised a proper intro in my show review yesterday, so here it is: Hello all, I'm Greg, currently 35 and act that age most of the time! I live in CA somewhere in the barren stretch of wasteland/farmland between the S.F. bay area and the L.A. area. I am married to a wonderful woman - I tolerate her crap and she tolerates mine! :lol: We have a little boy (currently 3 yrs old) who runs the house, along with a new puppy and 2 housecats.

I think I came across Evile on another band's online board, in 2006 I believe - it might have actually been Matt or Ol posting and I linked to their site. I liked what I heard from the All Hallows and Hell demo stuff, and I bought EtG the day it came out here in the US (got the only copy at my local record store after having to ask them to hunt in the back for it). Have been a fan since but certainly never got to see the band live until this past Tues night! I will admit I've lurked on the Evile board in the past - just didn't feel the time was right to post until I got a chance to see the guys live. I can now say you people on the other side of the Atlantic are lucky bastards indeed to have seen them live, let alone multiple times!

In closing, I'm mainly a thrash metal fan, although I certainly like other metal genres and other types of music as well (classic rock, 80's music of all types, etc.) Between my work, family, locale and limited funds, I don't get a chance to make it to a lot of shows, so I have to be selective. Fortunately the pieces were in place for me to make it to this week's show, and I am so glad that I did. See you all on the boards! :kickass:

I promised a proper intro in my show review yesterday, so here it is: Hello all, I'm Greg, currently 35 and act that age most of the time! I live in CA somewhere in the barren stretch of wasteland/farmland between the S.F. bay area and the L.A. area. I am married to a wonderful woman - I tolerate her crap and she tolerates mine! :lol: We have a little boy (currently 3 yrs old) who runs the house, along with a new puppy and 2 housecats.

I think I came across Evile on another band's online board, in 2006 I believe - it might have actually been Matt or Ol posting and I linked to their site. I liked what I heard from the All Hallows and Hell demo stuff, and I bought EtG the day it came out here in the US (got the only copy at my local record store after having to ask them to hunt in the back for it). Have been a fan since but certainly never got to see the band live until this past Tues night! I will admit I've lurked on the Evile board in the past - just didn't feel the time was right to post until I got a chance to see the guys live. I can now say you people on the other side of the Atlantic are lucky bastards indeed to have seen them live, let alone multiple times!

In closing, I'm mainly a thrash metal fan, although I certainly like other metal genres and other types of music as well (classic rock, 80's music of all types, etc.) Between my work, family, locale and limited funds, I don't get a chance to make it to a lot of shows, so I have to be selective. Fortunately the pieces were in place for me to make it to this week's show, and I am so glad that I did. See you all on the boards! :kickass:

Welcome to the family young man (I'm allowed to say that cos I am 37 so you can feel better knowing you ain't a golden oldie lol)

You are indeed correct when you say that we are all fortunate to have seen Evile a few times, just a shame certain circumstances have prevented the lads from going over to the US but they are there now and it's great to see that you guys are sharing the same enthuiasium we have for Evile here

Heeeeeeeeeey! :)

Be sure to check out the Love/Hate, music recommendation, and Podgie's alternative thoughts threads. And a few others that are full of random shit.... oh wait, thats this whole forum! :lol: