Ion Vein at House of Blues w/ Sonata Arctica

Jasonic said:
There is another band, Grigori 3 on the bill.
I think all HOB all ages shows, esp on weekdays, have to be done by 10.

Yep, I know but the show's supposed to start at 5:30pm or 6pm, so a 7:20 start time for IV seems late unless they've put yet another band on the bill. (I think IV was originally supposed to start around 6:30pm.)

The only reason I want to know is that if the show is starting later than originally planned, that gives me more time to grab dinner before everything starts! Yum yum!

Ken

Jasonic said:
And more importantly it also means more time to browse Metal Haven!!!

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if I can make this itinerary work:

3pm - get on South Shore train
4:15 - get off at Randolph St
4:25 - get on red line to Belmont
4:40 - ?? spend money at Metal Haven

Hmmm, in order to get back to HoB by 5:30pm, I wouldn't be able to spend enough time at MH. Unless the show's starting later, that is. Drat. Anyway, see you at the show, I'll be the 6'4" guy with a Powerfest shirt on and a great big smile on my face from 7:20pm onwards. I remember meeting you at JJ Kelley's for the sparsely populated 12th Gate / Nov. Doom show (I think), but I don't know if I remember enough of what you look like to pick you out of a crowd!

Ken

So YOU'RE the guy I always end up standing behind at shows huh? lol
I'm 5'3" tall and I always get the tallest person in the place standing right in front of me hehehe.....

Hey Ken,
Yeah, I remember what you look like.
I am a lot shorter than you (Well, not Brian from Novembers Doom short, but still short! :) )

I will be sporting a Novembers Doom t shirt (most likely the only one at this show who will be in a ND shirt)

I am sure the show won't be too packed, esp being a Thursday night. For some reason, power metal doesn't get much love in Chicago. HammerFall with Edguy opening was pretty empty back in August.

BalanceofPower said:
OUCH! What a zinger lol

Hehehe. Well it isn't often when I can say that someone is shorter than me, so I had to take the shot!!!!

BTW - Ion Vein owned the House of Blues tonight!!! The place went bonkers for them.

Very interesting crowd tonight. Not what I would have expected. The crowd was a lot younger than I would have expected.

There were circle mosh pits for both Ion Vein and Sonata Arctica.

I am a little late finally getting around to this, but wahtever. I am new to most of this stuff. Got into Dragon Force and Sonata Arctica about November, they are amazing. But anyways I went to the show and you guys were funkin amazing and I am gonna get your music and stuff. You guys funkin rule, jsut wanted to let you all know keep it up look foreward to seeing you guys in concert again sometime...