Nightwish / Sonata Arctica at House of Blues

Sonata Arctica is a great live band. The crowd always blows me away because its packed and everybody sings along. I dont know where all of them come from but I dont see these people at other shows.

Yes, I saw them at Metro. One of the more disappointing shows in a long time. I felt they were very uninspired to almost boring, despite some of the fast songs. Way too many sleepy ballads. Musicianship aside, you still have to at least look like you're having a good time playing for the fans. I was hoping that it was a fluke, but their PPUSA appearance was much of the same. At least they played "Full Moon", which rescued the concerts for me.

We should get a group of us together and rent out one of the opera boxes for this show.
Last I checked, it was between $450 and $500, but you can have up to 10 (I think) people, which is like $50 a person.
To me, well worth it to not have to deal with idiots and actually get to watch the show with a decent view.

:headbang:

We should get a group of us together and rent out one of the opera boxes for this show.
Last I checked, it was between $450 and $500, but you can have up to 10 (I think) people, which is like $50 a person.
To me, well worth it to not have to deal with idiots and actually get to watch the show with a decent view.

:headbang:

That's actually not a bad idea at all. Count me in! :)

^^
I used to have concierge connections, and if what they told me still holds true, the rental fee for the opera boxes is around $500, plus each person's ticket, plus drink service with some sort of minimum. So basically it ends up being at or over $100 a person to do something like this, assuming you have a full box.