IPhone/IPod Touch apps

Apr 6, 2007
Philly
www.myspace.com
I just got my Touch about a month or so ago, and I have a few decent apps but I'm always looking to add more. If you have/know of any cool apps that you can suggest, please list them here. I'm not looking for any particular category. Thanks!!!

So far, here is what I have:

Mind Reader 20Q (it guesses correctly an amazing amount of the time!)
Dice Poker (I've always liked Yahtzee)
Slingshot Cowboy (you shoot some cows - kind of stupid, but fun nonetheless)
Google Earth
iTranslate (translate to/from 32 different languages)
WordSolitaire (really cool, if you like word games)
Trivial Pursuit (I'm a trivia nut)
Waterslide Extreme (slide down several different water slides)

I'll start with a few (links included) and some of these are iPhone only, or will require an external mic.

Some of my favorite Apps...

Novembers Doom : The Wayfaring Chronicles (Shameless plug!) $2.99
Buy this now!

Facebook (Updated to 3.0 yesterday) FREE
If you use Facebook, the new interface is fantastic.

Twitterific Premium $3.99
My go-to Twitter app.

TweetDeck FREE
Needs an update, but this is my second choice for Twitter. Could easily be my number one with a solid update.

AudioBoo FREE
Free service for audio updates on Twitter, Facebook, or stand alone links. Unbelievable quality.

NAVIGON $69.99 (until August 31st, then $99.99)
Turn by Turn GPS navigation on the iPhone. Submitted update includes Text to Voice which no one else has currently. Better value, better interface them TomTom currently.

Shazam FREE
Hear a song you don't know and want to, Shazam listens to it, and tells you what it is, where to buy it from... It even works on background music on a TV show or movie. This is a MUST have app.

Forums $2.99
Browse multiple forums from one App, without graphics and images. Test only, and a life saver if you travel abroad. It saves a ton on data usage.

And the games...

Baseball Slugger .99
Home Run Derby, Wifi head to head play. This game is worth $10 easy, so for .99 it's a steal. I'm hooked on this. Easy to play, hard to put down.

Gangstar $6.99
Modern Grand Theft Auto clone. Very well done.

Peggle $4.99
Surprised me just how addicting this is. One of my go-to games.

Doom Resurrection $6.99
Doom on rails. Amazing graphics, can be slightly repetitive, and on rails makes it more robotic, but fun regardless.

Sway $4.99 - Amazing and unique control. Takes a few minutes to get used to the movement, but once you do, addicting.

Toki Tori $4.99
Puzzle / Arcade. Lots of time wasting fun.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene $4.99
Space Invaders like you've never seen. Unique, and original. I'd have paid $10 for this.

Alive 4-ever .99
AWESOME Zombie killing game! Much like iDracula but better.

Some really good ones there Paul, thank you!

These are as good as loaded/purchased:

Novembers Doom : The Wayfaring Chronicles - an obvious no-brainer
Shazam - sounds like EVERY music lover should have this
Gangstar - I love GTA
Peggle

These I'll need to look into a bit more:
Toki Tori
Alive 4-Ever

Some of my favorite apps...

Stargate DHD dialer - transforms your boring ass telephone keypad into the dial home device from Stargate so you can punch in your numbers just like an address for another planet.

TwitterFon - this is my go to twitter app for the iPhone. Tweetdeck is OK, but I like using this one more.

Metronome - self explanatory, really cool metronome that comes in handy. You can set up different time sigs, and bpms.

Karajan music and ear trainer - this is a cool music game app that plays different intervals and you need to get them right.

Circle Theory - cool music app that gives you the circle of fifths for all keys and modes.

Fret Surfer - another music game that plays notes on the fretboard and you need to get the note names right.

iFart - works great in elevators.

Sol Free - really cool Solitaire game.

Key Signature Quiz - another music game where you need to identify the correct key signatures.

Scale Buddy - music app that gives you tabs for all the scales, you can even change tunings and they have a variety of instruments.

SkyGazer, and SkyVoyager - badass astronomy apps that chart the sky according to your location. These are like $15 each, but Paul told me about a sale they had on the anniversary of the moon "landing", where they were both free! Paul rocks the iPhone app department.

I was looking at Fret Surfer the other day - it looked kinda cool. The Karajan app sounds interesting

iFart sounds fun :lol: though I have enough gas in me that I probably don't need it :loco: (yea, that was probably TMI :heh:)

Now Skygazer/Voyager sounds amazing!!! I might consider this even @ full price.

I have a couple more that have blown me away...

Modern Combat : Sandstorm $6.99
If your a fan of Call of Duty, or Rainbow 6 type First Person Shooters, this is fantastic. The controls are smooth, and all the setting that allow you to fine tune the movement makes this a HUGE win.

Blades of Fury $6.99
Soul Caliber style fighting game. Another jaw dropper for the iPhone.

These two games, and the company Gameloft are changing the handheld gaming industry, and helping make the iPhone and iPod touch front runners in the portable world. Check those two out, seriously! (After of course, you purchase the ND app! haha)