Iron Maiden at Verizon Irvine... get tickets?

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Hey Red Shirt....any takers for those extra tickets you got there? *hint *hint!
It's a first come, first serve in my book! None of my friends have responded yet (flakes). You interested??? Haha...that'd be cool. What better way to see Iron Maiden than be with one of The Iron Maidens!!! Waahooo!!!!:kickass:

Metallicat180 said:
So how big is the actual pit then? I don't understand that really, if they tried putting chairs down for a Maiden gig over here - they would end up getting totally wrecked and chucked about.

Yeah, I don't understand the reason either. Security is usually pretty good in that sense I guess. Only once I've seen the crowd overwhelm security and that was at a Monsters of Rock festival we had around 1989 at the Los Angeles Coliseum. When Metalica came on, the fans went nuts, total chaos, total bitchen, total fun! It was funny to watch security run away! The Irvine Meadows pit is not that big (which is cool), but I'm guessing it's maybe about 50ft wide by upto 20ft deep.

Red Shirt said:
Yeah, I don't understand the reason either. Security is usually pretty good in that sense I guess. Only once I've seen the crowd overwhelm security and that was at a Monsters of Rock festival we had around 1989 at the Los Angeles Coliseum. When Metalica came on, the fans went nuts, total chaos, total bitchen, total fun! It was funny to watch security run away! The Irvine Meadows pit is not that big (which is cool), but I'm guessing it's maybe about 50ft wide by upto 20ft deep.

That'd be a nice size cos I know the pit in Glasgow last time I saw Maiden got very hairy indeed. I was 3 from the front on Janick side and by the end of the show I could hardly breathe. Right from the get go, I saw at least 10 people getting taken out during the first song. Bruce actually stops singing during Wildest Dreams to tell everyone to calm down, it's on the bootleg I have.

yes got 3 pit tickets from the maiden club pre sale. me and two friends coming from utah

Red Shirt said:
PIT? :zombie: Ah man, I'm soooo jealous! Good to know Maiden gave those seats out as well. How soon did you buy them when the presale started?
right at 10 am

thank you !!! I'm sure ticket master will have a few pit tix when they go on sale on the 12th.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
WOW Steve5635! That's incredible! Hey, here's some 6th row seats for sale on ebay. They are only $165 for a pair right now, but wait until the last minute. I wonder how high they will go for.http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAIDEN-2-T...ryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
yea i can't believe it myself. after listening to everyone say how small the pit is, i thought no way. WAY lucky. i am so excited, but would love 1 or 2 more shows in southern ca, or even in the western u.s. for that matter. tough to go from seeing 3 ozzfest shows and the headline gig in denver last year to one show this year:cry: , especially with a new album to play. going to be one helluva show though :headbang:

Puckfiend is out ticket getter (is that a word) Who know if he is a member or not to the Maiden club. Red shirt I bet we would take two :) hahahaha but I do want to go, if we can get tickets :)

Ah! 305! Geeeze!

Well I am not part of the Maiden club so there is no pre-sale for me. :cry:

By the sounds of things I doubt there will be any pit tickets on the 12th.

I can hardly believe I've been so lucky this time around...

Irvine - Pit
Hartford, Ct - Pit
Boston - 11th row center
Camden - Pit

All through the pre-sale. Thank you Maiden!

I'm psyched....see you there!

Lindork - I'm sorry to say that your odds are really low. I've seen pictures of the pit at Irvine...and if you can fit 100 people in there...I'd be shocked! Within maybe 5 seconds, the pit tix sold out. HOWEVER...I've heard that they don't release all the pit tix for the presale...so you have a chance on the 12th...if you're quick.

Khan71 said:
Irvine - Pit
Hartford, Ct - Pit
Boston - 11th row center
Camden - Pit

I'm psyched....see you there!
Are you intending to go to all those shows? Or sell some of them on ebay? From the looks of that pair that Linda posted the link on, you can score HUGE bucks for pit tix. If you're going to all those shows, hats off to ya.

Red Shirt said:
Are you intending to go to all those shows? Or sell some of them on ebay? From the looks of that pair that Linda posted the link on, you can score HUGE bucks for pit tix. If you're going to all those shows, hats off to ya.

No way would I sell these tickets. I'll be at all those shows! Booked my flights already!

Red Shirt said:
Wow! Awesome! I thought I was hardcore by seeing Maiden locally more than once...I don't even come close to what you're doing. Very cool you can make that happen. As I said before, enjoy!

Thanks...and this doesn't make me more hardcore than you. I bet if you had the money, you'd be doing it too. I just, finally, had enough money at the right time.