Iron Maiden - Caught somewhere in time (mix critique)

dude killer playing! the second solo (adrian`s) is one of my favorite maiden solos ever. was expecting a classic maiden sound copy but I think you really gave it a modern sound that still fits. oh and the acoustic guitar outro, very nice. Only thing I`d change is the snare sound and lower the rhythm gallopps a bit. and while you`re at it, let us hear a little more steve harris!

Interesting. Very "modern" take on this song. Almost too polished for my taste but interesting nonetheless.

I can always reamp it with my GK-250ML if you want a more authentic guitar tone.:rofl:

dude killer playing! the second solo (adrian`s) is one of my favorite maiden solos ever. was expecting a classic maiden sound copy but I think you really gave it a modern sound that still fits. oh and the acoustic guitar outro, very nice. Only thing I`d change is the snare sound and lower the rhythm gallopps a bit. and while you`re at it, let us hear a little more steve harris!

Thanks man! Yeah, Adrian's solo is cool (although I've heard better from him) but Murray's is fucking awful, haha. My band's other guitarist tried to salvage it (I played Adrian's solo) but it was hard, especially without having a tremolo to fill it with wankery.

Yeah, I tried to have a bit more Steve Harris, but couldn't without sacrificing the rest of the mix. Unlike the original song, this is obviously more guitar oriented. Snare I'm not 100% happy with, but it will do for a one-off cover song, it would take too much time to try to change it.

Interesting. Very "modern" take on this song. Almost too polished for my taste but interesting nonetheless.

I can always reamp it with my GK-250ML if you want a more authentic guitar tone.:rofl:

Thanks! Yeah, I like polished, obviously ;) Not a big maiden fan actually, haha, this was done for a tribute CD, but I did my best to 'adapt' it to my band's sound and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Killer mix! I loved the whole cover, singer's voice reminded me a little bit of Dickinson's tone!