Caught Somewhere In Time - Iron Maiden collaboration

Hey gang. What's happening with this tune? I think we are waiting for Fenix's drums???

Sorry guys, I last week was PITA in my life, had serious problems with my MOTU, it gone blinking the green LED and stopped responding. I sent it to service today, so I won't be able to do any work for some time.
I have the drums like 60% done, was doing some humanization, and god dammit, its almost impossible to listen to the kick drum in the original record.
So I called a friend that plays drums to figure out the nuances of the kick drum.
It will be delayed since I'm not with my midi card (motu) and I need it to connect my keyboard.
I would like to know if you would like to wait some more or want the Drums incomplete and someone else finishes the MIDI?

What is missing:
Program correctly the cymbals, rearrenge the kick drums, quantize to the tempo, some drum fills...

Cheers!

Sorry guys, I last week was PITA in my life, had serious problems with my MOTU, it gone blinking the green LED and stopped responding. I sent it to service today, so I won't be able to do any work for some time.
I have the drums like 60% done, was doing some humanization, and god dammit, its almost impossible to listen to the kick drum in the original record.
So I called a friend that plays drums to figure out the nuances of the kick drum.
It will be delayed since I'm not with my midi card (motu) and I need it to connect my keyboard.
I would like to know if you would like to wait some more or want the Drums incomplete and someone else finishes the MIDI?

What is missing:
Program correctly the cymbals, rearrenge the kick drums, quantize to the tempo, some drum fills...

Cheers!

That sux man - no worries at all. I just wanted to keep the thread moving forward. Keep us posted.

So record just the clean signal, I'm able to reamp later.
Use new strings on your guitar too.

So you don't want to use a distorted track? What are you reamping the clean track with? It's going to suck large to record a dry track with no way to monitor using the distorted track... :puke:
New strings are a given man...
Hopefully some time next week for me - finger is starting to heal up but it needs another full week I think.
Is Dan still on vacation? Kev you make any headway on your guitar tracks yet?

I'm home now! Dude, just put a DI in front of the amp, thru out to the amp, Xlr out to a mic pre, you can give us the DI signal and your miked signal. No one wants you to record without listening to the distorted track, you should check Glenn's thread on preparing tracks for reamping to clear it up

I'm home now! Dude, just put a DI in front of the amp, thru out to the amp, Xlr out to a mic pre, you can give us the DI signal and your miked signal. No one wants you to record without listening to the distorted track, you should check Glenn's thread on preparing tracks for reamping to clear it up

Yeah man I know how to do it but I just don't have a DI box. I know they aren't much so I'll have to go and buy one.
Hope the vacation was swell man!!! :)

Yeah man I know how to do it but I just don't have a DI box. I know they aren't much so I'll have to go and buy one.
Hope the vacation was swell man!!! :)

Why dont you use an ampsim? There are plenty of good ones and free. Nick crow, lepou, TSE, e.t.c. You can put the guitar as you like and it does the job for recording DI´s. And you dont have to spend any money.