The Clairvoyant - Iron Maiden collaboration

I've never had any problems with with ryhthm guitars personally.
You should rather rerecord the lead parts that have a wrong note.
But I#m happy about every progress. We're so close to an end, and I wanna show off on facebook soon ;)

Well, a tighter playing would benefit even more this. Not only the leads but all the rhythm parts. Because it seems that Luismars recorded this with one take till the end. So there are some quite imperfections here and there. well, it´s what I think.

But did he said something about recording soon?

Just a quick note, I dont want to take luismars place, I just want to see this finished. I will wait a little more time, I also have other things to record, but then if this keeps like this I gonna email him.

I have all the guitars done, I even redid the first bend of the solo that was out of tune. Now I have to fix some minor things, so I am gonna put all the tracks here very soon.

Sorry for the delay, here it is the files:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1457645/Clairvoyant Gtr tracks.rar

I had a mix almost done but superior drummer is shutting down the cubase. It´s what happens when I try to mix a lot of shit with a lot of plugins with an old pc with only 2GB Ram. Now I have to downgrade!lol and try to put this mix in cubase SX that sucks my PC less.

Funny thing is that this shit happened when was just mixing the toms right!lol :bah:

Hm, there are still some mistakes in there :)
The beginning the bass starts fine then sounds shifted in time. In reality I think the bass is right but the guitars and hihats are wrong. :p
The thing I told you in the lead guitar you did right the first time, but when it gets repeated its like the old version again. Just copy it I'd say. The clean guitar part sounds very nice, but all together I liked the old mix a bit better. Maybe because this one is even more squashed :) Why??? Especially the bass doesn't need to be distorted I think. Our Colonel played so good and so close to Steve Harris it would be a waste to let it go. My vox sound very nice :)
I think all the mixes should leave a little headroom and in the end one guy should master them all.

I did all I know to put the bass in time but the bass it´s not displayed with the correct time in cubase. It´s a cubase problem. The thing to work how it should must be mixed in Reaper. That lead guitar thing it´s been played like you said it, because I copied it!lol So, I think you are not listen carefully. You can hear it in DI´s tracks.

I like this mix much more, the other mix has a loose low end and some things are not cutting through. I agree the mix is loud and smashed with the comp and limiter. But the thing it´s that I was not after a typical maiden sound, I was mixing the song the way I wanted to hear it and the bass it´s a bit distorted because I find it easy to cut through the mix. But I can also say that the mix is lacking some shit because my pc wont let me do much more!lol The mix would benefit automations here and there, also eq some things a little better, and of course not having the toms clipping the mix.

In the end this is just a matter of opinions. :)

I did all I know to put the bass in time but the bass it´s not displayed with the correct time in cubase. It´s a cubase problem. The thing to work how it should must be mixed in Reaper. That lead guitar thing it´s been played like you said it, because I copied it!lol So, I think you are not listen carefully. You can hear it in DI´s tracks.

I wasn't specific enough. At 33 seconds its correct at 35 seconds not.
Wasn't talking about the repitition later in the song :)
I feel your pain with the bass shifting, cause I had the same problem in Cubase. Would be great it could be solved though.

I like this mix much more, the other mix has a loose low end and some things are not cutting through. I agree the mix is loud and smashed with the comp and limiter. But the thing it´s that I was not after a typical maiden sound, I was mixing the song the way I wanted to hear it and the bass it´s a bit distorted because I find it easy to cut through the mix. But I can also say that the mix is lacking some shit because my pc wont let me do much more!lol The mix would benefit automations here and there, also eq some things a little better, and of course not having the toms clipping the mix.

In the end this is just a matter of opinions. :)

For the bass sound, it works great in the mix. Maybe you could just remove the distortion in the beginning when the bass plays solo.

I listened again here in the studio and I like it better then on headphones.
The limiting/clipping is far too heavy though. You don't need to go Death Magnetic with it :) Would be great if you could upload a mix without the compression/Limiting section.

I wasn't specific enough. At 33 seconds its correct at 35 seconds not.
Wasn't talking about the repitition later in the song :)
I feel your pain with the bass shifting, cause I had the same problem in Cubase. Would be great it could be solved though.

For the bass sound, it works great in the mix. Maybe you could just remove the distortion in the beginning when the bass plays solo.

I listened again here in the studio and I like it better then on headphones.
The limiting/clipping is far too heavy though. You don't need to go Death Magnetic with it :) Would be great if you could upload a mix without the compression/Limiting section.

Are you sure? I heard it now, it´s how it is in maiden song and it´s how you told me.

The thing is:

What happens at 33 is this:

E|-----------------|------------------|
B|-----------------|------------------|
G|-----------------|------------------|
D|-5-5-5-5p4-7-5--|--4---------------|
A|-----------------|-----5------------|

and this is what happens at 35

D|-5-5-5-5p4---5--|--4---------------|
A|------------7----|-----5------------|
E|-----------------|-------------------|

I will try to upload a new version when I can.

Just checked the maiden original. The play this both at 33 and 35

You're a poor guy only having us complaining :) But its really good so far. Just some minor things

Yep, there's something not completely right on that bass begining yet from this clip. I didn't notice the first time as I was listening on a shitty laptop speakers and the distorsion didn't help. Don't quote me on this, I'll check the files later. The rest are minor things, yeah. Good job.

Just checked the maiden original. The play this both at 33 and 35

You're a poor guy only having us complaining :) But its really good so far. Just some minor things

But that´s quite easy! You Just need to delete that section and copy the section before.

As for the bass, as I said it before. The bass doesnt fit a 4/4 time signature in cubase. I think that are something wrong with hits hats but if you try to put hit hats a bit earlier, the lead guitar will have to be stretched and will sound weird also. So it´s not a good solution.

Only solution that I see it´s mixing in reaper.