Caught Somewhere In Time - Iron Maiden collaboration

I'm learning and practising the song, also keeping away from any tabs cause I'm trying to improve by learning by ear. Not difficult at all to learn, but MAN I forgot how fast this song was on the gallops hahaha although in recent years I've been doing much more picking than finger plucking due the bands I've been playing with (style calls for it), I certainly don't want to record this one with a pick, so I have to get back on getting those gallops as they used to be (I learned to play bass by mimicking Harris, didn't we all??). Anyways, I still prefer to have the guitar done first so I'll keep at it until the guitars are done.

I'm learning and practising the song, also keeping away from any tabs cause I'm trying to improve by learning by ear. Not difficult at all to learn, but MAN I forgot how fast this song was on the gallops hahaha although in recent years I've been doing much more picking than finger plucking due the bands I've been playing with (style calls for it), I certainly don't want to record this one with a pick, so I have to get back on getting those gallops as they used to be (I learned to play bass by mimicking Harris, didn't we all??). Anyways, I still prefer to have the guitar done first so I'll keep at it until the guitars are done.

yeah, it's one of the most challenging maiden songs to play and probably one of the 5 fastest maiden tunes. however, its freaking awesome!

Ditto on the song for me man - fuck I haven't really played it since it came out in the 80's. I've had to learn Davey's guitar solo from scratch again. I wish I had bought that GK amp I saw back then - best stereo chorus sound I have ever heard in my life and it's of course all over this album.
My finger is about 90% healed, so I figure I'll be all over this next week. Sorry for the delay everyone but that knife sliced open right on the pad of my 2nd finger left hand and it takes time to heal... :confused:

Ditto on the song for me man - fuck I haven't really played it since it came out in the 80's. I've had to learn Davey's guitar solo from scratch again. I wish I had bought that GK amp I saw back then - best stereo chorus sound I have ever heard in my life and it's of course all over this album.
My finger is about 90% healed, so I figure I'll be all over this next week. Sorry for the delay everyone but that knife sliced open right on the pad of my 2nd finger left hand and it takes time to heal... :confused:

sorry to hear man. get well soon!
you did have the chance to buy one of these rare GK amps?
that's cool. I don't know anything about them besides the fact that Maiden supposedly used them on SIT and maybe SSOASS. has a very distinct sound for shure. how much were these amps going for in the 80's do you remember?

sorry to hear man. get well soon!
you did have the chance to buy one of these rare GK amps?
that's cool. I don't know anything about them besides the fact that Maiden supposedly used them on SIT and maybe SSOASS. has a very distinct sound for shure. how much were these amps going for in the 80's do you remember?

Thanks man - just picked the guitar up tonight for the first time in 2 weeks.
Yeah the GK 250ML combo amp - played it many, many times. Lacked bottom end but sounded great. You can hear it all over SIT - they ran the heads thru 4x12 Marshall cabs IIRC. Alex Lifeson used one in the 80's as well. I think they were around $500 for the combo.

Sorry gang - had a last minute show today that I had to learn a whack of new tunes and rehearse for last week. Will pick up a DI box sometime this week and will get my guitar parts done ASAP.

Cheers!

Geoff

Well it sounds like you guys can probably pull off a kickass cover. That caught somewhere in time patch/model you made was pretty convincing, too!

OK boys - let's not let this thread die!!! It's fucking Iron Maiden for christ's sake!!! lol... where is everyone at? I know I am behind and my apologies - it was our Thanksgiving weekend here I was away the whole time. Have to get a DI box this week and get to my parts.
Let's get a rundown of where everyone is at.

Cheers!

Geoff