The Clairvoyant - Iron Maiden collaboration

Apr 14, 2010
Germany
seventh_son_of_a_seventh_son_12.jpg

this is the official thread for people working on the song The Clairvoyant for our Iron Maiden collaboration.

the global thread can be found here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar/825350-iron-maiden-collaboration.html

the current line-up is:

drums: Nuno Filipe
bass: colonel_claypoo
guitars: luismars, stillifer
solo: Nuno Filipe
synths: luismars or Nuno Filipe
vocals: El_Gato or Skaldir

have fun!

ok cool, so nuno, will you be able to finish a rough drum track by the end of the week?

luismars, do you want to do rhythm and solos?

El_Gato or Skaldir, who's going to sing?

I might have this done in 2 days. I am working mainly the hit hats and velocities in drum fills. I will do the guitar solo, I already know about 90% of the solo. I will record the guitar solo when I have all on spot. :headbang:

I'll do only rhythm, stilllifer wanted to do rhythm as well but I'm not sure if he finally wants to do this one too. We can split Murray and Smith parts or rhythm and leads or I record both :)

I can't wait!

Well I'm doing Caught Somewhere in Time and possibly Hallowed but would love to do a rhythm track here. I'll watch for Nuno's drum track in the next couple of days. I'd like to do Davey's rhythm parts if that's cool with you but I'm cool if you wanna do his parts. Let me know Luis. :headbang:

Hey! I said 2 days but these 2 days I had to work a lot of hours, today it was from 5:30 to 20h00, so I could not do much more but probably tomorrow I may have the track ready.

Ok, I've done the drums. I gonna put here a link with the midi file and a preset for superior 2, the preset will be useful because it has the volumes well balanced. Without that you might have the hit hat very loud, crash very low e.t.c. The drum in the begining have the hit hat marking the begining of the song before enters the bass. I think the midi have the time embedded, if not 103 bpms all the sections excepct chorus that is at 134.

Here it is the link with midi and preset.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1457645/Clairvoiyant midi and s2 preset.rar

Here it is a mp3 of the drums for those who do not have superior. It serves for tracking I guess.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1457645/clairvoiyant drum.mp3

Thanks man. No I found a really good guitar pro tab with drums almost flawless, but I had to rework some things, like almost all hits hats, cymbals, ride and the velocities in general. The hit hat was not very easy because Nicko is a very dynamic guy when comes to hit hat, and to program something that doesnt sound like a machine it´s the harder part.

There is always space to do even better. I am not a big fan of doing a cover exactly as the original. The good thing about playing the others music is to do a version and modify it with things here and there. But I am not the only one involved in this, if was, I would not done the drums as they are. I would add things here and there. But I didnt do it because this is my vision of what a cover should be and it´s normal the others involved dont think the same. Anyway tomorrow I will try to record the guitar solo.

Of course! Give me a day or two to record all the overdubs and details!

EDIT: Unexpected free morning, rhythmic guitars done, recorded both just in case stillifer can't record.

I recorded them without the lead parts, both L and R the same notes. I'll record the leads separately too.

Of course! Give me a day or two to record all the overdubs and details!

EDIT: Unexpected free morning, rhythmic guitars done, recorded both just in case stillifer can't record.

I recorded them without the lead parts, both L and R the same notes. I'll record the leads separately too.

Hey man. If you've done them both, go ahead and use them. Can't get to this one for a bit. Can't wait to hear them.

Hey guys in my solo there is a part that doesnt sound very good, it´s the part with more delay at 0:19, those bends sound out of place. Its hard to hear what he is doing in the original track because it has too much delay. I will redo that part. What you guys think?