Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden collaboration

Dean, I always rated you better than me for a Maiden Solo! Was looking forward to what you would do. I may (probably couldn't do it well recorded, but live, a distant maybe, lol) be able to do a Davey solo for Aces High, but not for this one, haha. I am a rhythm guy at best for this one.

This kind of project really makes you appreciate the Maiden boys on their respective instruments. They have a feel/style that is very hard to replicate. They may not be as technical as Loomis for example, but their execution is second to none. IMO.

Maiden *HORNS*.

:headbang:

Yeah Maiden are something else, really quite intimidated by their solo style, I'll try, but if I can't I know a couple of local guitar fiends that would do a killa job

anyway the first part of the vocals are done and will do the second part this week.

Sorry for the delay on my stuff guys, been busy with fixing my car and a job interview this week. Will get my edits done and uploaded tonight/tomorrow.

You guys should do the live style during the pick up after the clean intro! It's so much better sounding, I could never stand the original recording of this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have a crack at the solos tonight if I can learn them fast enough, I might try on two different guitars. Also, I'm assuming you guys want unprocessed tones.

Heya Trevorie - love your tone mate, can you please share details of how you got it ?

Thanks man, nothing special going on in the chain really. Mexican Fender P Bass with a Duncan quarter pounder pickup. Brand new stainless steel strings, BSS AR133 DI into my Allen & Heath Zed R16.
For the processed track I added about 7dB shelving boost at 80hz and 12khz to bring out the top and bottom, and about 6db gain reduction on my DBX 160X in over easy mode (DBX is a great compressor for this style as it lets the percussive attack through)

For this kinda thing the majority of the tone is in using fresh strings and the way you hit the strings (check out colonel_claypoo's bass in The Clairvoyant thread, he has the Harris playing style NAILED!)

Hey guys, here is where I'm at after a little work, still some bits I need to listen to more carefully and work out.

Last edited by a moderator: