The Clairvoyant - Iron Maiden collaboration

the bass intro and the hihat hits are exactly what the original plays. I painfully programmed it to be like that and just double checked and hihat and bass is precisely fine here?

Much better now. The guitars in the intro don't seem to fit yet but close enough. They are a bit ahead of the music.

What's on the drum bus? Sounds like to much lows maybe? Not that bad but I'm just wondering.

You know what? I had some free days two weeks ago and I decided to give the mix a go but I opened it and everything is a mess. Nothing fits the tempo. Drums is the only thing that seems to be right.

How did you manage to set it up? Do you have the files and tempo map correctly displayed on the project or what?

Much better now. The guitars in the intro don't seem to fit yet but close enough. They are a bit ahead of the music.

What's on the drum bus? Sounds like to much lows maybe? Not that bad but I'm just wondering.

You know what? I had some free days two weeks ago and I decided to give the mix a go but I opened it and everything is a mess. Nothing fits the tempo. Drums is the only thing that seems to be right.

How did you manage to set it up? Do you have the files and tempo map correctly displayed on the project or what?

Hey man! Thanks! By the way I tried to download your vocal track because I had the idea of puting both singing but your file was offline.

The thing is, I did the drum track but colonel_claypoo did changes in the midi track and from the begining I used my drum track to record my shit. Colonel_claypoo used the drum track that I did with his changes. So that´s why, everything is a mess. There are time differences in the midi drum tracks.

At first I thought that was a problem of cubase/reaper but some days ago I put everything in reaper and the tracks were still off. So I had to edit the guitars tracks once again, this time was not very easy, some shit I had to stretch. I dont know if it was a problem of different sample rate or something else.

And yeah, the intro still seems a bit off but the funny thing is that the guitar intro it´s locked into the grid. So it must be the drum track.

I was trying to pull a big low end, the kick has a boost in the low end but I think what you hear it´s more the bass, the low end of the bass was too overpowering, I had to do big cuts everywhere. There is nothing on drum bus.

Hey man! Thanks! By the way I tried to download your vocal track because I had the idea of puting both singing but your file was offline.

I didn't know it was down. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to re-upload it in case anybody wants to use that.

The thing is, I did the drum track but colonel_claypoo did changes in the midi track and from the begining I used my drum track to record my shit. Colonel_claypoo used the drum track that I did with his changes. So that´s why, everything is a mess. There are time differences in the midi drum tracks.

At first I thought that was a problem of cubase/reaper but some days ago I put everything in reaper and the tracks were still off. So I had to edit the guitars tracks once again, this time was not very easy, some shit I had to stretch. I dont know if it was a problem of different sample rate or something else.

And yeah, the intro still seems a bit off but the funny thing is that the guitar intro it´s locked into the grid. So it must be the drum track.

I was trying to pull a big low end, the kick has a boost in the low end but I think what you hear it´s more the bass, the low end of the bass was too overpowering, I had to do big cuts everywhere. There is nothing on drum bus.

I see, great to know. I like the mix, the sound, the balance and the song is one of my favourites of all times so it's really motivating me to give it a shot when I finish the mixes I'm working on now.

I can upload the gtrs tracks again, now that it´s fixed.

That would really kick some serious ass, thanks.

I took a look at the drum track and yeah, the intro was off, was not playing 16th notes but other weird time. Now it´s fixed, so I think now it´s all fixed. Ok man, tomorrow I will upload the tracks again.

I thought that was a bit strange that no one showing interest in mixing this, now I know why!lol

El_Gato show your mix when you have time ;)

I took a look at the drum track and yeah, the intro was off, was not playing 16th notes but other weird time. Now it´s fixed, so I think now it´s all fixed. Ok man, tomorrow I will upload the tracks again.

I thought that was a bit strange that no one showing interest in mixing this, now I know why!lol

El_Gato show your mix when you have time ;)

Great, thanks. I will.