Caught Somewhere In Time - Iron Maiden collaboration

Apr 14, 2010
Germany
somewhere_in_time_2_ironmaidenwallpaper.com.jpg

this is the official thread for people working on the song Caught Somewhere In Time for our Iron Maiden collaboration.

the global thread can be found here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar/825350-iron-maiden-collaboration.html

the current line-up is:
drums: fenixdoido
bass: DanLights
guitars: kev and stilllifer
solo: kev and stilllifer
vocals: fenixdoido

have fun!

I've been trying to not participate in this project simply cause I'm a bit busy at the moment and should really make the time to finish my own projects before enrolling on others, but now that this song has come up I'd like to ask if it's cool if I do the bass. I took care of a big part of the organization for the Dio Tribute and did bass on 4 songs, can deliver well performed, quality DI tracks and an amp'd signal as well. If you don't mind claypoo, I'd like to do it cause I love this song and would have great fun doing it.

^ you are a wise man.:p I am in the same situation as you. I have one more song to record for my project, so I was a bit hesitant. But man, it´s maiden, there is always time for a maiden collaboration!lol also it´s cool to have a break of our stuff to do other shit.

I've been trying to not participate in this project simply cause I'm a bit busy at the moment and should really make the time to finish my own projects before enrolling on others, but now that this song has come up I'd like to ask if it's cool if I do the bass. I took care of a big part of the organization for the Dio Tribute and did bass on 4 songs, can deliver well performed, quality DI tracks and an amp'd signal as well. If you don't mind claypoo, I'd like to do it cause I love this song and would have great fun doing it.

sure man, I'm already playing bass on Clairvoyant and I don't want to be greedy.
enjoy man!

Do it man - I don't think anyone has ponied up for the bass track yet. I think Kev did a quick take on the guitars (will take a listen at home tonight), so if he wants to do H's guitars, I'd love to do Davey's, rhythm and solo or just rhythm doesn't matter to me. Nuno - you can chime in with something if you like man...
Who's got the drums, synths and vox???

Guys, provide me a midi tempo track and I'll program the drums.
I would also like to mix this.
Cheers!

Edited: Please, when recording, make some video footage so I can upload on youtube someday!

OK gang. I'm assuming standard tuning for this track?
Kev. You OK taking H's parts on this?
Dan. Once we get even scratch drums from Fenixdoido in a week or so, what's the timing for your bass track? Also, I believe 'Arry plays a bass synth in the intro. How should we tackle that?
I'll get working on Davey's guitar parts once we have the backline. This is going to fuckin awesome boys!!!

Yeh looking forward to this should be fun! Yep dude, all good for the adrian bits.

Did you guys want to work roughly off this guitar pro file? I can sort the synth at the start if no one else wants to.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1206505/iron_maiden_caught_somewhere_in_time.gp4

Can't check the file cause I'm on vacation in the Canary islands away from any computer and have my phone on airplane mode except when I take a shit (aka now), but if you've checked it and it's fine I don't mind, but of course Fenix would have to humanize them well enough or it will be a disgrace to the McBrain sound :lol: or program them from scratch based on the original song, whatever works best.

About my tracks, I normally prefer to do the bass after all guitars are done, but in this case it's a very bass driven style and I suppose it would be much more pleasant for the guitar guys to have the bass to track on top of, so I'll do it from next Friday onwards which is when I get back home, and of course after drums are completely done, I would need a finished (not scratch, half done or unhumamized) drum track at the very least to assure good groove to da bass.

Anyways, back to my vacation, talk to you guys later!

If we use this guitar pro file i'll convert it to midi and then Ezdrummer. Next step is to program the fills/nuances on tempo.

I don't have GuitarPro. I'm sure it's fine tho, so go to it Fenix.

Dan - no biggie if you want the guitar tracks first. I can do either or - just like that driving bass in there when tracking but either is cool. Enjoy yer vaca man!

Great sound, could improve the playing a bit, though.
I am working on the drums now, I ask i bit of patience, they will arrive soon.

For sure - I learned the song when it first came out but haven't played it since. Nothing like not playing much for the past couple of months and attempting to play some Maiden right away... no worries - it'll be perfect for the final tracks.