Iron Maiden - Earls Court!

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
I was at the show last night, and I can safely say that it was the best moment of my life! Ever!

The stage was amazing, and some of the backgrounds (e.g. paschendale) absolutely ruled!

I was SO close, I couldn't really believe it! Me and two others were about 1 or 2 people away from the front barrier - quite far over to the left, directly in front of the big speakers on the floor.

Funeral for a Friend got treated pretty harshly - in a way understandable because they pretty much sucked - but I di feel a bit sorry for them in a way. They weren't saying anything offensive or anything like that this time.

When I first saw the set list I thought it was a bit poo, but to be honest I didn't care - the songs seemed to work really well, except Lord of the Flies which I don't particularly like.

It was such an emotional moment for me to turn round and see the entire stadium virtually packed with Maiden fans - 20,000 of them!

I've never before been around any big number of Maiden fans, so it was so exciting getting off tube and noticing so many Maiden shirts - it sounds stupid really, but the most Maiden fans I've been around before last night is....1 - my friend at college.

Truly awesome, I am still completely in shock, and words cannot describe how good it was. It will live with me forever!

Some of the best moments were Paschendale and hallowed be thy Name - it's always been one of my favourites, and the crowd went along with it so well!

Completely, completely UNBELEIVABLE! Speechless really!

I was so close to the stage that I wish I hadn't left my camera with my Dad in the stalls. Dave Murray looked at me and smiled, which was truly emotional, and also Steve sang a part of a song to me.

I stress a PART, as in a few words, lol, but just for a split second he caught my eye and it was like he was singing to me!

I WILL NEVER FORGET IT!

P.S. Now I have to go off to WORK! Got to bed at 2 am, and have work 9 am the next morning, at shitty safeway! Oh well, never mind, I have a lot of thinking to do to recover from the gig!

UP THE IRONS FOR EVER, THE SUPREME ETERNAL GODS OF METAL!