Iron Maiden - new studio album and Tour!!!

Being my favourite band since I was 12... I can't imagine my life without Maiden, it is the soundtrack of the best years of my life....
I saw them more than 10 times, and I always enjoy their shows very much.

Felix, I'm with you, they never should stop!

Up the irons.:kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

^^^^This^^^^

Iron Maiden is the soundtrack to much of my adult life - "Number of the Beast" came out in 82, my first year of High School and it changed my musical world overnight. While I was already listening to metal, Maiden was special, it spoke to me like no other band at the time.

They put on a show like no other - have more energy and presence on stage than bands full of 20 year olds. I have to admit - I may be reading too much into the title "the Final Frontier" as I'm afraid of them calling it quits - I really hope not because I'll keep buying their discs and going to see them. UP THE IRONS!!!!:headbang:

So - I just noticed that once again Maiden returned to Compass Point Studios to record the new album and after looking over the studios home page I fully understand why. What other studio in the world has the atmosphere that this one has - damn, if I had my options of studios to choose I'd probably go there as well.

Look at it - it's on the beach!!!

bldg.gif

^^^^This^^^^

Iron Maiden is the soundtrack to much of my adult life - "Number of the Beast" came out in 82, my first year of High School and it changed my musical world overnight. While I was already listening to metal, Maiden was special, it spoke to me like no other band at the time.

They put on a show like no other - have more energy and presence on stage than bands full of 20 year olds. I have to admit - I may be reading too much into the title "the Final Frontier" as I'm afraid of them calling it quits - I really hope not because I'll keep buying their discs and going to see them. UP THE IRONS!!!!:headbang:

The same thought crossed my mind when I saw the title...

I'm in the same boat as many others. Maiden has been the soundtrack to my life, in good and in bad moments. And certainly the times I saw them live are some of the best moments in my life.

Funny thing, I just remembered the first piece of Maiden lyrics that stuck in my head all those years ago: "the blind men shout let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."

It's somehow so fitting.

Up the Irons!

can't wait for the new album, flight 666 was just on BBC4 tonight, so I'm gnna be in a maiden mood tomorrow! seen em countless times, and they always impress, young bands need to take note, there isn;t a band that touches these guys on the show front!

What have you guys for expectations of the new album? After the last two records (some awesome songs, but weak production IMO), I´d wish a more care taken and better production. Either Martin Birch or Andy Sneap could help here :D

I'm right there with most of the rest of you guys...my seconds concert ever was the World Slavery Tour in 84...ruined me for other live shows!

Maiden and Priest are two of the best live bands to go see...and every time they come to the US, I travel to see as many shows as possible. 4-5 shows in a week if possible. I'm working on heading to Houston and Albuquerque for sure this June...maybe Phoenix...:headbang:

Great news!!I Hell its allready 30 years ago they released their first album and guess its part of it that they release a new one this year. And they still kick ass after all those years. Saw them last time 2008 and the first time I saw them was 83, Piece of Mind tour. I know the album will the worth the long wait since the last one which was one of their best.

What have you guys for expectations of the new album? After the last two records (some awesome songs, but weak production IMO), I´d wish a more care taken and better production. Either Martin Birch or Andy Sneap could help here :D

Can't find the article now, but I remember reading somewhere that this new album will be a different one somehow... Whatever that means.

Not much information available yet, just a couple of little mentions in Shirley's diary. (http://www.cavemanproductions.com/cavediary.htm)

I'm so watching "Rock in Rio" and possibly even "Live After Death" tonight. Both excellent examples of what a live show should be - as noted earlier there are many a young band that should take serious notes on effort in a live show!

UP THE IRONS!!!!

I think it's pretty easy to note a generation gap in this thread :)

I'm right there with most of the rest of you guys...my seconds concert ever was the World Slavery Tour in 84...ruined me for other live shows!

Maiden and Priest are two of the best live bands to go see...and every time they come to the US, I travel to see as many shows as possible. 4-5 shows in a week if possible. I'm working on heading to Houston and Albuquerque for sure this June...maybe Phoenix...:headbang:

Steel... you are right - best 2 bands live I have ever seen. First show was Powerslave tour and then I managed 1st row floors for Somewhere in Time, about 10ft from Davey - fucking epic...
Let's hope the Caveman does a better job on this album. Mastering should be a must on this upcoming album. And to all us Maiden fans, let's hope this is NOT the Final Frontier... would be a sad end to a great legacy...

can't wait for the new album, flight 666 was just on BBC4 tonight, so I'm gnna be in a maiden mood tomorrow! seen em countless times, and they always impress, young bands need to take note, there isn;t a band that touches these guys on the show front!

:D:D I watched most of that to haha

Totally agree.

Birch, Sneap, Wagener... or why not Roy Z. Bruce's albums sound better than Maiden's.
I think Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls are awesome fucking epic albums.

And don't you think guys is time to fire Janick Gers?

Totally agree.

Birch, Sneap, Wagener... or why not Roy Z. Bruce's albums sound better than Maiden's.
I think Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls are awesome fucking epic albums.

And don't you think guys is time to fire Janick Gers?

Roy Z would be a great choice as the Bruce albums are great. As for Janick, I've sort of gotten used to him, especially live - he seems to add a thickness to their sound that I think comes across when seen at a venue. He's a lively guy on stage when compared to Dave or Adrien so that's an added bonus for keeping him on. I'm OK with keeping him in the Maiden fold.

UP THE IRONS!!!!!