New Maiden album announced - The Book of Souls

Tour update: we get them in May. No Soundwave.

In light of me jumping to conclusions RE Janick's interview, I'm so glad SW16 has been cancelled (bank says TSS chargeback won't be a problem).

Don't get me wrong, I like Deftones, Killswitch and Frenzal, but the rest of the would have been lineup was pretty ordinary and to be perfectly honest, I had been thinking "damn, if I knew Maiden had locked in May for their Aus tour, at the start of August, rather than the end of said month, I would’ve decided against or at least held off on getting an SW membership”. So suffice to say that’ll be the last time I ever buy a ticket to a festival pre-line up announcement. Yes, a lesson learned at a small price (free in fact, given the inevitable refund). I can imagine the 26th of Jan being as high as 45o in Melbourne, would’ve made for sweltering day for a mediocre lineup.

And I got my Maiden floor ticket for the 9th of May as soon as they went on sale. Floor tickets sold out in about two days. I wonder why the restricted viewing seats have sold out, but the good seats have not?

I'm relieved it was cancelled. I bought mine in the pre-sale to save $20 or whatever it was, but was super disappointed by the lineup. It's just as well that the Maiden and Sabbath tours weren't tied to it.