Iron Maiden Pittsburgh PA 8-17-19

VoltronLions

Sep 10, 2002
nj usa
www.ebay.com
Indoor/arena show.
- Sold out; Bruce reported attendance at over 15,000.
- Band tighter and as energetic as ever, even into their 60’s, Jesus Bruce runs around like he is in his 20s.
- Bruce had lots of costume changes loved the pyro at the end of Run to the Hills bombs lighting off behind his foot steps.

- Setlist was good; staples for the first timers, but also some nuggets for us old timers - Revelations, Where Eagles Dare, and Sign of the Cross were highlights for me, although nothing from Somewhere in Time album.
- People bitching about the staging are full of shit. YES the stage is configured the same way, and there’s backdrops, but there’s also the plane at the start of the show, a cool Trooper Eddie who comes out to fence with Bruce, an Icarus prop, and a giant inflatable demon during Iron Maiden. Also pyrotechnics and flamethrowers. All variations of what they’ve done before, but also some newness.
- The Raven Age were better than I expected.
- Shirts were $45, Flags were $30, Trooper Beer was $13 a can. Great designs and long lines at merch areas. Let me say Pittsburgh as a city is metal as fuck, Skullfest was happening this past weekend as well never seen so many heavy metal fans http://www.skullfestpgh.com/

in closing Iron Maiden is the greatest touring band out there and are worth the $100 plus I spent for each ticket