Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time tour 2008

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
IRON MAIDEN announce their most ambitious and extraordinary touring plans ever — and are very pleased to announce that this will include Australia for the first time in 15 years!

The Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008 will be in three sections, starting in February and March 2008 with the first leg encompassing major concerts in 20 selected cities on five continents in seven weeks including India, Japan, North America, Central and South America, and, of course, Australia, opening in Perth on February 4 and continuing through Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane:

Somewhere Back In Time, Australia 2008 dates:

Feb. 04 - Burswood Dome - Perth
Feb. 06 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne
Feb. 09 - Acer Arena - Sydney
Feb. 12 - Entertainment Centre - Brisbane

The tour then continues with more concerts in North America in late May and June before finishing with a third leg in July and August encompassing major stadiums and festivals all over Europe. During the tour the band is expected to play to well over one and a half million fans and travel close to 100,000 miles.
Read more

poster.jpg

lineup.jpg

757.jpg

:worship:notworthy:worship:

Very cool. I was wondering what happened to the Powerslave/tour plans, but this sounds even more souped up than I expected! Chances are they'll only hit L.A. and New York, plus one or two more in the middle of the nation, but I'll consider an L.A. show since I'm in San Francisco. It's a cheap flight....or a 5 hour drive. We'll see. Of course, they will play Canada about 9 times....hehe.

Those bastards! :lol:

I thought you'd get a kick out of that. Truth is, they get a better response up there. Canada (and you should correct me if I'm wrong) appears to have a good metal following. Not nearly as fickle as the US I guess. Hey, good crowds deserve it. It still gets my goat though! Tour America proper, we'll come to see ya', I promise!

You've just made my life compleat, now all i have to do is just watch out for thoughs fcuking bus's, because you know wot they say, "He might have a ticket for IRON MAIDEN but he could get run over by a bus tomorrow" :lol:......not:mad:

I have been waiting for the dates since i heard the news Maiden were touring OZ :headbang::kickass: cheers tsorl:kickass:

cheers:kickass: maiden1

Very cool. I was wondering what happened to the Powerslave/tour plans, but this sounds even more souped up than I expected! Chances are they'll only hit L.A. and New York, plus one or two more in the middle of the nation, but I'll consider an L.A. show since I'm in San Francisco. It's a cheap flight....or a 5 hour drive. We'll see. Of course, they will play Canada about 9 times....hehe.
Well if its any consolation, Wiz my city, Adelaide, has been left off the Australian Tour list:mad: Looks like a plane trip most likely and Bye Bye to a weeks paycheck too.

Well if its any consolation, Wiz my city, Adelaide, has been left off the Australian Tour list:mad: Looks like a plane trip most likely and Bye Bye to a weeks paycheck too.

:yell:Thank fcuk,:yell:thank fcuk they WILL be playing :worship:Brisbane. So wots your city going to be Priest of Evil?

cheers :kickass:maiden1

I see on the tour poster they have inscripted,
Iron Maiden
Killers
The Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Somewhere In Time
but i see they have the plane from Aces High on the poster, is it on one of the albums mentioned? I don't remember it being on the first five/anyone?
I do like the poster, only 159 more sleeps woohoo:lol:

cheers:kickass:maiden1

ps: love the Slavery 84-85 eddie on the tail of the plane.
/wonts one, but no where to park it.

Does this mean they're only playing songs off albums up to 7th Son (since those are the albums listed on the bottom of the poster)?

I see on the tour poster they have inscripted,
Iron Maiden
Killers
The Number Of The Beast
Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Somewhere In Time
but i see they have the plane from Aces High on the poster, is it on one of the albums mentioned? I don't remember it being on the first five/anyone?
I do like the poster, only 159 more sleeps woohoo:lol:

cheers:kickass:maiden1

ps: love the Slavery 84-85 eddie on the tail of the plane.
/wonts one, but no where to park it.

Aces High is on Powerslave.

The other cool thing about all this is that it is in support of the DVD releases of Live After Death and Maiden England. I just hope these are a continuation of the Early Years, in that there should also be an extension of the Maiden story via interviews and cool old footage. If it's just the shows that's fine, but I'd love to see more of the Early Years concept, as that was the best DVD released that year (unless that was the year the Zep DVD came out, in which case it is a tie!)

I just hope the band doesn't continue to slight the monumental "Somewhere in Time" release which is, IMO, their magnum opus (I know most disagree). They never play any of it live anymore which is a travesy.

Yes, Bruce has publicly voiced a hatred of this record, but if this tour is really a celebration of the 80s, and is really for the fans, this record can not be ignored.

Somewhere in Time actually has my favorite Maiden track on it...which is Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner. Also, it has what is possibly their best, 'groove,' in Sea Of Madness...not to mention all the other great stuff. I'm surprised to hear Bruce doesn't like it. I'd never heard that before.

I just hope the band doesn't continue to slight the monumental "Somewhere in Time" release which is, IMO, their magnum opus (I know most disagree). They never play any of it live anymore which is a travesy.

Yes, Bruce has publicly voiced a hatred of this record, but if this tour is really a celebration of the 80s, and is really for the fans, this record can not be ignored.

This is from Bravewords and they got it from maidennorway.com:

Another rumour about the upcomig tour is that Iron Maiden will play 'Rime Of The Ancient Mariner' and/or 'Alexander The Great'. Mr. Hall could not confirm, but another visitor at the festival from Rock Hard Magazine, said that he had talked to singer Bruce Dickinson and he said that they want to play 'Alexander The Great'.