Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time tour 2008

holy fuckin shit, this is absolutely fantastic! i was really hoping this would happen when rumored way back!!

im excited as hell, i had never gotten to see maiden before 2000, so aside from their tour on ozzfest, (early days), i havent seen much of the old stuff that werent "big hits". and even better, now i saw that, and get to see stuff from powerslave, SIT, seventh....ah!!! this is amazing.

A friend is convicing me to go to WOA next year due to this set. Still I prefer invest my oney in PPIX, even if THIS IS the tour of a lifetime for Maiden fans...

Girlfriend - 'Future Flash'

I thought you'd get a kick out of that. Truth is, they get a better response up there. Canada (and you should correct me if I'm wrong) appears to have a good metal following. Not nearly as fickle as the US I guess. Hey, good crowds deserve it. It still gets my goat though! Tour America proper, we'll come to see ya', I promise!

With the exception of Montreal, Canadian metal crowds are pretty similar to American ones. I think it has something to do with politics or Canada in general - Harris has said for years he dislikes America for some reason.

Yes, Bruce has publicly voiced a hatred of this record, but if this tour is really a celebration of the 80s, and is really for the fans, this record can not be ignored.

He hates this record because at the time, he wanted Maiden to do an acoustic album like LedZep3. The rest of maiden opted for a regular maiden disc and he's never liked this one since.

Personally, SIT was a very good record, but I don't really find it to be their best. Long Distance Runner is a killer track though. :headbang:

I knew about this and I'm absolutely thrilled to see this!
AFAIK the sets will consist of Powerslave, SIT and SSOTSS songs, to accompany the second Early Years DVD set. This is my dream come true, as far as Maiden's concerned... I'm tired of TNOTB, RTTH, Wrathchild, The Trooper and other well-worn tunes, I want to hear the songs they haven't played in years, like Rime of the Ancient Mariner!

I knew about this and I'm absolutely thrilled to see this!
AFAIK the sets will consist of Powerslave, SIT and SSOTSS songs, to accompany the second Early Years DVD set. This is my dream come true, as far as Maiden's concerned... I'm tired of TNOTB, RTTH, Wrathchild, The Trooper and other well-worn tunes, I want to hear the songs they haven't played in years, like Rime of the Ancient Mariner!

You might be disappointed. Have another look at the flyer, it has every album up until SSOASS listed. Judging from the talk of Rod Smallwood, they're certainly intending on playing all the old classics.:headbang:

Holy crap! I need to find a job, how much do you guys think good tickets will cost?

if your in Australia, Black Sabbath was, the outer tickets $128.00 down front $150.00.

Motor Heads next month not to sure on there ticket price, but i'd say the same.

:worship:Maidens i don't care, no price on quality:kickass:

cheers:kickass:maiden1

You might be disappointed. Have another look at the flyer, it has every album up until SSOASS listed. Judging from the talk of Rod Smallwood, they're certainly intending on playing all the old classics.:headbang:

Yep, I oversaw that bit... Dunno, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but I definitely COULD live without worn out classics...

Aces High is also on "Best Of The Beast" and "Iron Maidens, ED Hunter"

Yeah, but those aren't proper albums, mate... ;)

That's all I need. That will be for me the only worth Maiden live concert to attend 1980-1988 stuff, damn the rest! (although I would like 'Be Quick Or Be Dead', 'Fear Of The Dark', 'Dream Of Mirrors' and 'Out Of The Silent Planet' thrown in).

Now if I can only attend...:cry:

hope they come to Los Angeles..saw them on A Matter of Life and Death tour last October but I felt like I didnt get the ultimate maiden experience..they just played the whole album start to finish + 4 old classics.

hope they come to Los Angeles..saw them on A Matter of Life and Death tour last October but I felt like I didnt get the ultimate maiden experience..they just played the whole album start to finish + 4 old classics.

you sir sadly missed out then cuz the show I totally got it!! I was freakin' they played AMOLAD entirely :headbang::headbang::headbang: can't wait for this tour!! ready Pablita?:Shedevil:

if your in Australia, Black Sabbath was, the outer tickets $128.00 down front $150.00.

haha wow. the most i've payed for a maiden ticket was i think $65plus convienence. 128-150, fuck no. theres no way i could see that happening.

btw- on someone elses comment. bruce should love this album. i cant imagine i would dislike his idea, but im usually not a fan of any material is made with the type of view: "lets do this type of this like these guys". ugh, be original. i think maiden did that and SIT is an absolutely killer album. although i am not expected to hear anything more than wasted years/heaven cant wait...i REALLY think they should play others. stranger in a strange land, sea of madness...cmon. lol.