Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time tour 2008

Its good your getting to see the show, I don't consider myself to old in the eyes of Metal Music but tooooo short.

I've seen Alice Cooper, George Thorogood Evan Poison all down on the floor and couldn't see a F*CKING thing so this Maiden concert, I see all, A bit of a mind flip......:lol: so yeah I don't mind seated ticket for this show....Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Haha. Yeah, I have a friend who has rickets...which basically causes, um, shortness...bull-legs...Anyway, we went to our first concert together waaaaay back in 84 (Kiss - we were both fanatics). To this day I feel bad that he probably couldn't see all that well. I could barely see myself (we were in 7th grade).

Anyway, I'm plenty energetic and healthy enough to stand (I mean, I'm only 36)...it's really the "CRUSH," that I don't like about GA in a stadium situation. I saw Tool about 5 or 6 years back in Kansas City. I found a great place by the soundboard...felt all proud of myself. Out comes Tool...and the whole....WHOLE mass of people on the floor just rushed toward the stage. I spent the first three songs just trying to find a place where I could stand still, instead of moving at the will of the ocean of people. I've pretty much been more interested in reserved seats than not since then. Club shows? No problem...I go to the Fillmore, Warfield, Great American Music Hall, whatever...and I can stand for hours with a smile on my face. But when I'm doing it with 10,000 rabid fans who won't stand still...well...seats for me! My moshing days, or just fighting to stand still days, are over. I like to watch and listen, not necessarily get a physical workout. I do that at other times. Haha. Man, I sound like an old coot. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

Still awaiting like (half the friggin' country) for the tickets. I don't like so much lack of info I foresee something wicked our way coming :(

Haha. Yeah, I have a friend who has rickets...which basically causes, um, shortness...bull-legs...Anyway, we went to our first concert together waaaaay back in 84 (Kiss - we were both fanatics). To this day I feel bad that he probably couldn't see all that well. I could barely see myself (we were in 7th grade).

Anyway, I'm plenty energetic and healthy enough to stand (I mean, I'm only 36)...it's really the "CRUSH," that I don't like about GA in a stadium situation. I saw Tool about 5 or 6 years back in Kansas City. I found a great place by the soundboard...felt all proud of myself. Out comes Tool...and the whole....WHOLE mass of people on the floor just rushed toward the stage. I spent the first three songs just trying to find a place where I could stand still, instead of moving at the will of the ocean of people. I've pretty much been more interested in reserved seats than not since then. Club shows? No problem...I go to the Fillmore, Warfield, Great American Music Hall, whatever...and I can stand for hours with a smile on my face. But when I'm doing it with 10,000 rabid fans who won't stand still...well...seats for me! My moshing days, or just fighting to stand still days, are over. I like to watch and listen, not necessarily get a physical workout. I do that at other times. Haha. Man, I sound like an old coot. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

:cry:I have no sound on my computer...:cry:

I do like your sense of humor, very witty.

That's wot I was like at most of my concerts, I felt like tapping the dude in front of me and asking him and sometimes her to pick me up because I just couldn't :yell:F*UCKING SEE, :yell:SIT DOWN AT THE F*CKING FRONT.......please:lol:

All the short people will be jumping up and down like a F*CKING YOYO just to see the show, :yell:NOT ME.....:headbang::kickass:

I'm glad to hear Maiden will be singing/performing ACES HIGH and one of the all time greats next to the NUMBER OF THE BEAST is the RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER...twill be heaven.....:headbang::kickass:

Do the Maiden guitarists actually play a power chord now and than since there are now three ? Don't take that the wrong way... I "like" Maiden, but all of their power came from McBrain and Air Raid Bruce. The guitarists, are fine musicians and all, but they were always too busy noodling out harmony stuff to lay down a rythm that really caught me the right way.

Bryant

Just scored 4 tix today for the New jersey show; fairly good seats, as well!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE! :worship:rock::kickass::Smokin:

Soundmaster, where is that arena in Jersey ? Anything you might know about the place to give me any tips on seating, ect ? Lastly if you dont mind my asking what was the ticket price ? Maybe I can get a few of my friends together and make the trip from mid state NY.

Soundmaster, where is that arena in Jersey ? Anything you might know about the place to give me any tips on seating, ect ? Lastly if you dont mind my asking what was the ticket price ? Maybe I can get a few of my friends together and make the trip from mid state NY.

It's the Continental Airlines Arena at the Meadowlands. However, I think it may have just been renamed. Not sure where you are, but it's probably a 2 hour drive south from, say, Albany.

Anyway, it's a hockey/basketball arena and probably holds 15k-17k for concerts. We paid $72 each after the absurd service charges, etc. I hate to say it, but it might already be sold-out.

Wouldnt be suprised, I was to Meadowlands once for a formula race , way way back but that was like an outdoor stadium. I dont think they have had races there for decades. Maybe they will book more shows ? Wish they would just come to the Knic/Pepsei/Times Union, they'd probably sell out there too. I think Meadowlands is abit further than 2 hrs from Albany but you got my location dead on.

Personally, I think Bruce and Maiden can suck my nuts. Sure, they released some mindblowing stuff and I love that, but their new music is so self obsessed its overlong. This music shouldn't be about that.

I live in a city with 1.1 million people, a city hit up by Behemoth, Nile, Municipal Waste, Anthrax, heaps. Their vocalist has his own jet license or whatever, and this band can't tour here? Municipal Waste did and charged 25 bucks, while encouraging the use of alcohol and/or pot. And lots of partying down.

If someone dedicates themselves to their band, they are playing for food money. And they want to charge 100 bucks and skip major cities? Yeah, I live in Adelaide mate, its a fucking city in Australia. We only have a few states and territories, its not that bloody hard to figure out.

Bugger them. Bruce and co need to go eat some pussy and stop being so bloody up themselves their nose is showing through their throat. Great, he can sing, awesome, but it pisses me off that he is being an ignorant twat about it. How now does one listen to awesome old school music while myself and my state are pissed off of at the people who created it? Not to mention my thrash is pretty fucking pissed off as well.

Dave Mustaine.

Personally, I think Bruce and Maiden can suck my nuts. Sure, they released some mindblowing stuff and I love that, but their new music is so self obsessed its overlong. This music shouldn't be about that.

I live in a city with 1.1 million people, a city hit up by Behemoth, Nile, Municipal Waste, Anthrax, heaps. Their vocalist has his own jet license or whatever, and this band can't tour here? Municipal Waste did and charged 25 bucks, while encouraging the use of alcohol and/or pot. And lots of partying down.

If someone dedicates themselves to their band, they are playing for food money. And they want to charge 100 bucks and skip major cities? Yeah, I live in Adelaide mate, its a fucking city in Australia. We only have a few states and territories, its not that bloody hard to figure out.

Bugger them. Bruce and co need to go eat some pussy and stop being so bloody up themselves their nose is showing through their throat. Great, he can sing, awesome, but it pisses me off that he is being an ignorant twat about it. How now does one listen to awesome old school music while myself and my state are pissed off of at the people who created it? Not to mention my thrash is pretty fucking pissed off as well.

Dave Mustaine.

Like who the fuck cares ? "waah waah waah :cry: Im so mad! :cry:"

Maiden world tour? Only 80's songs?! HELL YES!!!! Let's hope they play near where I live.