Iron Maiden to join Ozsfest

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, & Anthrax on US Ozzfest 2005[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]A news story posted this afternoon over at blabbermouth says that Ozzfest 2005 will hit the US with Black Sabbath & Iron Maiden headlining. Along with that will be a "classic" version (read not the current version) of Anthrax.[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]While it's really cool we have Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden on Ozzfest, I'm a little disturbed by the report that Anthrax has "secured a spot" by putting together an old version of the band. I have been reading rumours about that for some time now, and the one I've read the most is that Sharon Osbourne (Ozzfest tour promoter) said that Anthrax could play, but only if it was a version of the band that was responsible for their best selling albums (meaning not the current John Bush fronted version). What bothers me most about that is the precedent set where a tour promoter can say "Well, you can play, but I only want the band if this guy, this guy, and this guy are in there. The other ones can go sod off". [/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]However, let me also add that these Anthrax/Sharon things are just rumour and speculation. I have no proof that is really the way it comes down, but even if it is just a rumour, I don't like the possibility of a tour promoter dictating band lineups. This is all also unconfirmed by Black Sabbath management, so I'm hoping to see some sort of official press release on all this soon.[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]Still no word on the rumour that Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes might also have a slot on this coming Ozzfest, which for me would be a huge attraction.
[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]Got this from [/font][font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]Joe Siegler site Black-Sabbath.com
[/font]

spawn said:
Hey, just think, if Ozzfest tours here...
:D

Woluld be great but unlikey , pretty shitty about [font=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Arial]Anthrax though cause I know that they just relaesed an Album of the old stuff live with John Bush on on the Vocals hav'nt heard it but he got a great voice especially on" 'wE COME 4 YOU ALL"

But back to OZZFEST maybe it will happen as the whole family is here 4 the MTV awards maybe Frontier Touring or Michael Chubb can get in Sharons era while they are down under.:headbang:
[/font]

I know, but Anthrax were bitching about not getting on Ozzfest or any good tours a year or so ago, so im not surprised they are going to do that :(

WCFYA ruled :(

Dream Theater are doing some shows with Maiden, as well as joining them on the bill at some festivals which has some fuckin awesome bands playing:

Dream Theater will be kicking off their 2005/2006 World Tour with a summer leg throughout Europe comprised of festivals and selected "Evening With" shows.

June 10th - Sweden Rock Festival - Solvesborg, Sweden
(also on the bill: MÖTLEY CRÜE, ACCEPT, KANSAS, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, STYX, MOTÖRHEAD, DIO and many others)
:headbang:

June 11th - Arrow Rock Festival - Lichtenvoorde, Holland
(also on the bill: MEATLOAF, KANSAS, STYX and many others)

June 12th - Buchholz Footballstadium - Zurich, Switzerland
(Appearing with IRON MAIDEN)

June 18th - Lorca Rock Festival - Murcia, Spain
(also on the bill: IRON MAIDEN)

June 26th - Graspop Festival - Dessel, Belgium
(also on the bill: IRON MAIDEN, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, DIO, ACCEPT, IN FLAMES, LACUNA COIL, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and many others)
:headbang:

I heard about a week ago that Anthrax may tour with both singers. Probably just a rumour though. I am not a real fan anyway.

I would consider traveling to see either Ozzfest with Maiden and Sabbath, or a Maiden show with Dream Theater. That festival in Belgium would be killer (DIO! :worship: ), and I would like to see Belgium. If Priest were on the bill with Maiden and Sabbath, I would go for sure. All the metal gods on one bill with killer line ups. Anyway, am still thinking about it.

Sharon says Maiden can only play at Ozzfest if Steve is prepared to re-hire Paul Dianno, Dennis Straton and Clive Burr.

Anthrax wouldn't tour without JB, not sure they would try the 2 vocalist thing again after Belladonna split half way through the last tour cause he got the shits with JB