Iron Maiden - TONIGHT!!!!!!!

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
It's finally here... FINALLY after 17 years of waiting I get to see Iron Maiden live!!!

I still can't believe it. The first ever Heavy Metal band I got into as a kid in high school and now I am gonna see them live!!!

:worship:

Logistics I think Tim.

Simple $$$ and logistics. Mate of mine flew over from Adelaide this morning - said the Adelaide Airport was a sea of Maiden fans - I've been in Melbourne all week and today you could see Maiden tee's all over the CBD. A very cool site.

Still can't believe I am gonna see them in a couple of hours.

I somewhat can't see them coming back anytime soon guys, sadly enough.

They haven't been here since 1992.

I am in the same boat as some of you. Not going to any of the Melbourne shows. This is a fucking nightmare for me!! Iron Maiden are unbelievable and to not see them when they are in Melbourne when I am actually old enough to remember and enjoy it, I just cannot describe how shit this is...

Logistics I think Tim.

Simple $$$ and logistics. Mate of mine flew over from Adelaide this morning - said the Adelaide Airport was a sea of Maiden fans - I've been in Melbourne all week and today you could see Maiden tee's all over the CBD. A very cool site.

Still can't believe I am gonna see them in a couple of hours.

Funny you mention the airport this morning. I was there catching the red eye to Pt Lincoln (zzzz) for work meetings today, and I saw 4-5 Maiden tees myself! That's rubbing salt into it. Them - Melbourne - Maiden. Me - Pt Lincoln - Work. Shit.

Oh man... I am speechless.

Maiden last night delivered 2 hours of quite simply a GOD like performance. They truly made every other band I have seen live look very ordinary.

I just can't believe how good they are - the fact the entire sold out arena was up out of their seats (even right up the top of the stands) and singing every song and jumping like mofo's made it that much better.

TRULY BEYOND BELIEF.

They are the GREATEST Live Metal Act EVER.... PERIOD!!!

9:15 man. But get there earlier. Steve Harris (the bass player) daughter, Lauren and her band open up - she is a real hottie too!

Enjoy mate. I am trying to see if I can get another ticket of ebay somewhere.

All you Australian fans should consider yourselves lucky. I haven't got to see 'Maiden live yet, and the last time they've been to my area was... 1988. :(

Before I die/Iron Maiden break up, it's one of my missions to at least see them live ONCE, so they better get their butts over to my vicinity.

Well Meep I had to wait since 1988 years to see them for the first time last night.

Truly amazing. God I wish I could've gone tonight as well.

Holy ass batman the sydney show was beyond awesome they played for almost two hours and all but one song was from the 80s. Was tempted to see the second show but saving for a car but crikey it wouldnt been money well spent.

If anyones interested heres a rough setlist:

Aces high
2 minutes to midnight
Revelations
Trooper
Wasted years
ROTM
Can I play with madness
Number of the beast
Heaven can wait
Powerslave
Fear of the dark
Run to the hills
Iron Maiden
-------
Moonchild
Clairvoyant
Hallowed

Great setlist, they got booed in Glasgow last time for playing the whole new album then like 3 oldies at the end. Gay. Fear of the Dark is UTTER SHITE though, that should never be played. Not a maiden classic at all imho. I saw maiden on the intercity tour when gers just joined at the infamous Ayr Pavillion (RIP) which was a teeny rock club by the beach, held only a few hundred. Harris kept smacking me across the face with his hair as I was right against the stage and there was basically no barrier. Ahh, those were the days...(falls asleep like a boring senior citizen)

lauren harris has a damn good band,shes so hot!,funny thing was that behind crimson eyes or whatever there called were a mismatch,they got booed after there first song,i have never witnessed that b4,and the singer let it get to him,calling them cunts etc,iron maiden weer great,the crowd truly had a great atmosphere,i wouldnt see it again but i am glad that i seen them once!

lauren harris has a damn good band,shes so hot!,funny thing was that behind crimson eyes or whatever there called were a mismatch,they got booed after there first song,i have never witnessed that b4,and the singer let it get to him,calling them cunts etc,iron maiden weer great,the crowd truly had a great atmosphere,i wouldnt see it again but i am glad that i seen them once!

BCE supported them - WTF???

I was wondering who they had opening. I actually amde the mistake of buying their last CD. Played it for about 5 mins and it's sat on the shelf ever since. Not saying it's crap - just not my cup of beer. What a horrendous mismatch though.