Iron Maidens to release a CD with original material?

Wraithchild

Jun 26, 2003
Somewhere in Arizona
Visit site
Jen, Wanda, Jojo, Sara, and Linda, you ladies are extremely talented musically and, with a vengeance, shatter the ignorant myth that women cannot play hard rock and heavy metal as well as men. In my opinion, the Iron Maidens have more technical skill and a higher level of musicianship than many of the bands who have made it big past and present.

I realize that creating and performing original songs defeats the purpose of being a tribute band, but is there any chance that the Iron Maidens will release a CD of original material?

I ask this because I feel that you ladies could be a truly successful band apart from only doing Iron Maiden covers (if you decided on taking your group in that direction)... not that there is anything wrong with being the world's greatest Iron Maiden tribute band!

By the way, let me introduce myself to everyone. I have been a longtime Iron Maiden fan ever since I saw them as a young teen on The "Beast on the Road" tour with Judas Priest back in 1982 (tickets were only $15, lol). Since then, I have seen them in concert four times, and my favorite Iron Maiden album is Powerslave (absolutely flawless). Besides listening to various kinds of music, I am also into playing PC/video games (especially MMORPGs), watching & reading sci-fi/horror movies & books (HP Lovecraft is my fav), practicing martial arts (Jeet Kune Do), drawing cartoons/comics, playing guitar, and spending time with my Maltese puppy (who hangs out with me at home in whatever I am doing).

A friend told me about the Iron Maidens a few months ago, and I am very disappointed that I recently missed them in Tempe, AZ! But I hope to see them the next time they perform in Arizona. This board seems like a very nice place to hang out and chat. I look forward to chatting with everyone here! :)

Hey, Wraithchild- welcome! I like you already- you have a dog. And you like HP Lovecraft. And although I am chicken of horror films, I work productions, casting, and create horror movie soundtracks.

We do have an original project in the horizon- hang tight- we're working on it.

Please spread the word about The Maidens- we'd love to come back to Arizona- one of my favorite places to visit!

Hey Wraithchild...where did you find a JEET KUNE DO dojo? That's Bruce Lee's style isn't it? Those are hard to find. I love the way that style has an open mind to all styles incorporating what will work in a real fighting situation rather than using many forms that never change.

Jeet Kune Do "The Way of the Intercepting Fist" is a thought proccess created by the late Bruce Lee. To call it a style is to miss it's meaning (paraphrased). The principles contained in the JKD philosophies can be applied to virtually every fighting art, armed or unarmed. The base elements are formed around a kickboxing platform, combined with grappling and escapes, a properly trained JKD fighter is a formidable opponent. Anyone can learn it, young, old, disabled, it has no boundaries except for what the practicioner sets for themself. The book "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do" is very good reading if you wish to learn more about it.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jojo & Jen! I am really glad you are working on a CD project; I can't wait to add it to my music collection! As far as spreading the word, I have already told all my metal-head friends about your website, and they are as impressed by your music samples as I am. I am really looking forward to seeing you live in concert!

Jen, you really know your martial arts! JKD is just as you described it. I have only lived in Arizona for three years. I am originally from the Cleveland, Ohio area, and, a few years ago, I had the privilege of studying Jeet Kune Do from a certified JKD instructor and former student of the late Ed Parker (Father of American Kenpo) and Dan Inosanto (Bruce Lee's training partner & successor to the head of the Jeet Kune Do community).

During that time, I studied a combination of JKD concepts, boxing, wrestling (trapping & grappling), Chinese Wing Chun, French Savate, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Indonesian Penchak Silat, and Filipino Kali/Escrima. As you said, there are no limitations or set styles/katas in JKD. A JKD student draws from all forms of combat, keeps what is effective, and discards what is useless. We didn't learn any katas, but there was a lot of full contact spiring with other students in protective gear. I did learn how to really defend myself in an actual street fight.

Snausages posted a good link to Larry Hartsell's (also a former student of Bruce Lee) academy. Here is Dan Inosanto's academy information:

http://www.inosanto.com/

Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts
7298 West Manchester Ave., Suite B
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (310) 348-9944 | Fax: (310) 417-8985 | Email: info@inosanto.com

The next link contains more information about Dan Inosanto (In Bruce Lee's last movie, Game of Death, Dan Inosanto was on the third floor of the pagoda; he fought Bruce Lee with Escrima sticks in this movie):

http://www.jkdassoc.com/gurodan.html

Jen, you can't go wrong with either instructor because they are the real deal, not teachers falsely claiming to know JKD. If I lived in CA, I would love to train with either of them. I'm sure you would enjoy studying JKD. What styles have you studied so far?