Irving Plaza NEW YORK

Necramentia said:
.... you know what I can't stand tho? when you try to headbang and people bitch about your hair going all over the place.
You know what I can't stand? When you're trying to listen to music and watch the band, and someones hair keeps on hitting you. :p It's happened at several concerts, and it is annoying. The "older" side of me says to be courteous and think of others.

In all honesty, it's a no win situation. I know you have every right to head bang, and why should my "courtesy" opinion stop you from having fun? So headbang and take the heat.

squatch41 said:
Opeth setlist last night:

Masters Apprentices
The Drapery Falls
The Moor
In My Time of Need
Deliverance
April Ethereal
Blackwater Park
Encore: Demon of the Fall

They had to cut out Windowpane due to the 12:30 curfew.
I too thought the show was absolutely killer, great time was had.

Might anyone be able to help me out with Moonspell's setlist? Please let me know your degree of certainty with regards to its accuracy. I recorded the gig, and it turned out wicked, but I have honestly no clue the names of any Moonspell songs. Thanks in advance.

loebs said:
a7rophy, i think i remember chattin wit u on this board right after damnation show and how we were bitching about the fans at that show bein all gay lol. i think u were behind me and my friend at the time who had red skinny dreads. we were left corner of stage. its funny how we get there 4 hours early just squezzed in an inch to be blessed by Pete Lindgren haha. the kid to the right wit the dio shirt was so gay, laying and looked like he was sleeping on the monitor, i just think the whole place didnt know it was a mellow set tour

tickets always sell out in advance for their nyc shows, u figure theyd move em up to roseland by this time.

ah yeah i think i remember seeing you there. it was a great show, but so many assholes. but as far as venues go i like irving better than roseland. irving is cozy and the gigs feel really personal.

PS: Opeth fucking DESTROYED! awesome show :D

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

NOT ONLY GOD LIKE BUT THE NIGHT ALL TOGETHER FOR ME WAS A TRIP

a made friends wit a stranger on the train from jersey
i get plastered off jim bean and pepsi
meet up wit a friend where we had our dificulties but things are now solved andw were each very sorry
didnt see the opening bands!
and Opeth was amazing

I prefer these songs over their last distortion tour last year personally

i was in the pit section the whole time. from that spot sound was perfect and crisp and everything was like a dream from the beautiful light show to the awsome crowd of people. even met a fellow radiohead fan in the pit lol i even crowd surfed for the first time which was a total rush. THe pit was so awsome, it was half metal mosh and half hc so it was perfect brutalness yet able for everyone to come in in participate

i was the duff practically stumbling around given elbow shots if i was crowded wearing the Impaled black and white baseball shirt wit "the worlds most hated band" thingie on the back, and had a fro by the end of the show haha

PS: they cut out windowpane? oh,, oh wells i can care less, time of need is best off that album. was it me or was everyone wearing Death shirts? lol

now whose go9in to malignancy , skinless and internal suffering tomorrow night? woooo!!

GabrielKnight said:
Now that you've mentioned... Did anyone notice Julia from FUSE headbanging like a maniac to Devildriver? What a fucking poser! She disappeared after their set - Opeth must be way too progressive for her! :D
idk bout that one, i saw her at the damnation show back in june, who knows maybe she had to go interview devildriver after they played

So did I... as well as at Meshuggah/SYL at BB King's last May and Life of Agony at the Downtown in December. I can't decide if she has good taste or just goes where FUSE wants her to. Although she was definitely having a great time at the LOA show... sloppy drunk in the pit. :D
Anyone else think Devildriver was a terrible choice for this tour? They were pretty heavy but kind of like heavy for the sake of heavy... nothing interesting about them whatsoever. It just seems like Mr. Coal Chamber wants to cash in on the relatively new popularity of true heavy shit like Opeth, just like Coal Chamber cashed in on the whole nu-metal fad. I caught the Albany show last week, and it was a travesty that Moonspell went on FIRST. I'm glad they pushed Devildriver back to first for the NYC show... I wonder if its gonna be like that for the rest of the tour?

loebs said:
idk bout that one, i saw her at the damnation show back in june, who knows maybe she had to go interview devildriver after they played

markgugs said:
I too thought the show was absolutely killer, great time was had.

Might anyone be able to help me out with Moonspell's setlist? Please let me know your degree of certainty with regards to its accuracy. I recorded the gig, and it turned out wicked, but I have honestly no clue the names of any Moonspell songs. Thanks in advance.

id love to get a copy, if we could set something up :)

They opened with In And Above Men, and closed with Mephisto then Full Moon Madness. I dont know where they were in the set, but they also played Vampiria, From Lowering Skies, and Everything Invaded. You can tell where Vampiria and Everything Invaded were if you listen to it, i think they were introduced. From Lowering Skies i believe was the 2nd song, but im not sure.

As for Moonspell, it was

In and Above Men
From Lowering Skies
Vampiria
Southern Deathstyle
Everything Invaded
Mephisto
Full Moon Madness

Pretty sure thats it in the right order too. For vampiria he definately announced it, because he dedicated it to all the vampires in the audience. I woudl also love to get a copy of that recording, as it was a great show.

@shaq - thanx for the Moonspell setlist! I knew all the songs except for the last 2, I think they are from the Irreligios album which I never heard. He also introduced the last song and dedicated it to Type-O.

I'm sooo bad with setlists - even for Opeth, I knew all the songs they played, but could not remember the entire thing, not in order anyway!

@markgugs - Did both Moonspell and Opeth come out good on your recording? How do we get a copy??

-GK

GabrielKnight said:
Thanx for the setlist! So they only dropped Windowpane - no big deal. Mike was saying soemthing before BWP that they were not supposed to play it, I guess they ended up having more time then they expected! Awesome, I'd be pissed if they skipped BWP.

An observation... They now have a keboardist (at least for the tour), he was doing some backing vox as well. It definitely added to their sound! Mike didn't introduce him thou, but I think it was the same guy as on the Damnation tour.

-GK

He said that before April Ethereal not BWP, if they had cut April Ethereal i would have killed someone, the ending top that is most emotional outro they have.

Hi Everyone,

I was at Irving Plaza too and got to tape both Moonspell and Opeth. I'm starting to make some copies for some people to spread it out and was wondering if anyone on this forum would be interested, lemme know, thanks.

gloco

gloco said:
Hi Everyone,

I was at Irving Plaza too and got to tape both Moonspell and Opeth. I'm starting to make some copies for some people to spread it out and was wondering if anyone on this forum would be interested, lemme know, thanks.

gloco

whats up man :)

gloco said:
Hi Everyone,

gloco

I would love to have a copy of Opeth as well

gloco said:
Hi Everyone,

Of course we are interested! :) Do you mind putting it into MP3 format and sharing on the Ultimetal DC hubs? This is the easiest way to distribute it, and anyone will be able to get a copy.

-GK

Minion520 said:
He said that before April Ethereal not BWP, if they had cut April Ethereal i would have killed someone, the ending top that is most emotional outro they have.
Yeah, you're right! Of course it wasn't BWP, they did a 4/4 "demonstration" before BWP! I must've had a brain-fart when I typed that. o_O