is cuabse 4 great???

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
I heard cubase 4 is the best music software to buy.
Is it right?

I´m thinking about buying me the update for 160euro.

The price is great.

I was told the plugins were ass kicking amazing

is it all true?

best regrads and nice evening everybody

I talked to a body of thomann (the shop) and he said that they have the store version an there pc´s and he said it worked very great and stabil.

He said the plugins are amazing

and he doesn´t say because he wants me to buy it!!!

well im a pro tools man, and only a pro tools man; so i'm gonna be biased...
lol
i cant stand cubum

I hear it's a nightmare. Lots of bugs, wich is to be exspected with newly released software. I would stick with SX until the first update, just my opinion.

Right. Always go with the second newest version of anything. You will be a guinea pig if you always buy the latest and greatest.

like all those people buying PS3's and Wiis about now :lol:

Lol yeah a local idiot paid $2500 for his PS3 and he is having problems with the drive already. They put the cheapest blue-ray drive they could in it... And he can't send it it for 'warranty' repair because the guy he bought it from on ebay threw away the recipt or something. LOL idiots....

Anyways, I'll stick with Cubase 3. Is there even anythign remotly better with 4?

I've been to a C4 presentation workshop yesterday.

I liked the Control Room Feature a lot (unfortunetaly not included in the smaller "Studio" version). Does Pro Tools LE have something like that?
The also got x-hundred presets for right about anything (fx, snyths, even whole channel strips) that seem to be quite useful in it.
drag and drop of plug ins seems quite cool too.

if you are a student you get a 50% discount on the "EDU" version. Only has a sticker on the box and can be fully used commercially. That's quite an interessting option imo.

BTW: first update is already available. the steinberg guy said they went for a stable release this time - sx3 was pretty fucked up when it first came out (his words).

Quick question(s): With the student discount, is the software limited in any way? Or is just a Cubase Studio 4 at a cheaper price?

~e.a

Quick question(s): With the student discount, is the software limited in any way? Or is just a Cubase Studio 4 at a cheaper price?

~e.a

Just a cheaper price.

It's funny, though - the difference between Studio and full is slim to none... 5.1 crap, seperate pannings/volumes of the 2 sides on a stereo track, and limited to 128 physical i/o's :lol: .

Well, i wouldn't say that (unfortunetaly)...

I thought the same thing at first too. You get that smaller version and a student discount on that would really make a very cheap but professional option.

Unfortunetally the Studio version lacks the "Control Room" and the "Studio EQ" which seemed quite outstanding to me. Nevertheless, if you are just recording at home you won't need the Control Room and maybe you already have a good 3rd party EQ plug in plus you could update to the bigger version anytime if necessary anyway so go figure... :p

There are student versions of both, the normal C4 and the Studio version. Gives you a ~50% discount. Functionallity is exactly the same, as mentioned above it may even be used commercially. There's a sticker on the packaging indicating that it's an "EDU"(cational) version though... :Smug:

Ok put it this way. I use MIDI to trigger DFHS, EZD, DFH EZX, Hardcore Bass, and a couple of other things, and I record audio and use Waves plug-ins. I need about 40 tracks maximum, and eventually 20 inputs. I need to be able to do everything I'm doing in SX1 right now with it. Can I do that with the EDU Studio 4?

~e.a