Is Dan Swano a fan of Green DAY?

Dan Swanö said:
Hey..

I have done a Britney Spears cover, dressed up as Madonna around "True Blue"!!!! I love Green Day... Their new album is incredibly good. The album I always wanted to do with Millencolin!!!
I agree! Green Day's new album really shows how much they've matured as musicians!

Kenneth R. said:
I agree! Green Day's new album really shows how much they've matured as musicians!

They've become very political lately too...it's certainly not the the same band that did dookie and nimrod...

Green Day are one of the best punk bands ever. Sure, extremely popular thus elitist metal fans will talk shit, but they're a great band! Plus, Warning was a killer album that went overlooked because of the musical change and American Idiot is the only punk band I know to ever record TWO 9-minute plus epic punk tunes (relatively speaking)!

Great band from day one.

paradoxile said:
They've become very political lately too...it's certainly not the the same band that did dookie and nimrod...

'Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.'

They fucking use the media to get their own music about, hypocrites. Without the media they would be fucking no where. They are American idiots.

Producers give the sound, the various ideas, and in some cases some of them co write the songs. I mean i dont have the booklet with me. But even so, if i producer did do it. It still turned out like a churned piece of shit like My Chemical Romance or Blink 182. The message are sending is too get kids to think it is cool to hate america. The whole teenage rebelion thing is wank.

perhaps, but better to be a rebel than a pawn. there's a serious social issue with the world today, and even if they haven't quite got it, they're getting across the point that something isn't right.

There's nothing like two british blokes arguing about something that happens in america...

IMO the album is not about hating america...that would come up as quite illogical since green day love america and said it quite often in interviews.
they hate what america has become after Bush Jr. came to power...along with swollowing the scary shit the mass media(which is for some part controled by the government) is feeding them and all that shite about Jesus hates gays.

oh and Green day is punk...they're supposed to be rebels

paradoxile said:
There's nothing like two british blokes arguing about something that happens in america...

IMO the album is not about hating america...that would come up as quite illogical since green day love america and said it quite often in interviews.
they hate what america has become after Bush Jr. came to power...along with swollowing the scary shit the mass media(which is for some part controled by the government) is feeding them and all that shite about Jesus hates gays.

oh and Green day is punk...they're supposed to be rebels
and i agree with them, as an American citizen... who just happens to live in England for a bit :)