is for funerals to come worth anything?

CASE REOPENED

I (probably) have just as much or more Katatonia stuff than anyone- anywhere. I have 4 October Tide shirts of which there were only 50 made. Why did I buy them? One I bought them because I love the band, and secondly because they are a great investment. Will I sell one or two of them someday-PROBABLY. Will I sell them all? Of course not.
If you want to be a bitch about something why dont you look at big record stores and how much they charge a smaller band like Katatonia just to stock their f-in cd. If your soooooo hardcore about this issue why dont you try to say something to someone that might have some sort of impact on the situation as a whole instead of someone who is thinking about maybe buying one cd and selling it for little or no profit. If your so bigtime then fight "the man" not "a man".

I guess the reason I got overly excited about this is that some of you cant present an opinion without making it a serious personal attack. Some of you come across like real dicks and all you have to do is explain yourself without being so immature and pushy with your "shut the fuck up" attitude. Cause if you were in front of me you wouldnt say that shit. You would have a sane and "reasonable" conversation. If not then we would not talk and you can imagine all the blood and bones flying around. That would probably accomplish more than this thread and so this will probably be the last time I post in it.

I spit at your feet. I spit on your spit. I piss on your spit. I shit on your piss. I fart on your shit. I laugh at your fart.

Be reasonable? You said "shut the fuck up and be reasonable" That is unreasonable. I dont even know why I would argue with you any more. Your hopelessly opinionated. Lets just drop it. I will even give you the last word if it makes you feel better about this whole thing. I can agree to dissagree.

First and foremost Im a collector. I have bought things of bands I dont care about and sold them for profit. I dont care what you guys think of what I do simply because you only know the few things I have written here. You dont realize the connections I have made by being a collector and a seller! Ive made alot of friends and aquantances by bieng a nice guy diong all of this. I am a fan, I dont go around buying limited shit to sell it for profit. I buy more than one because I want to have more than one, and should the occasion arrise that I would want to get rid of one in the future--SO BE IT. I have 2 of the rare Katatonia old logo shirts (15 made) and I have offered to trade it for another super rare Katatonia item, would I sell it for mere money--NO. If you guys think I give a shit about money that much you are mistaken. Its all about getting the most rare things because I love the music and I am a collector.
I can get anything by candlelight/peaceville/snapper at complete wholesale, do you see me selling that stuff, NO. Could I sell all that stuff for profit, Yes. If you were to look at my ebay account you would see that I have sold maybe 20 things and bought about 80 things. I have never sold anything of worth to me.I invite you to look at my ebay account actually--Katat0nia with a zero not an O--- My Katatonia collection is worth more to me than anything I own and I own 3 vehicles etc. so as little as your opinion matters to me I have explained my words one more time. I guess at this point I am willing to go as far with this as you guys want, so go ahead and throw some more at me. I feel good in the heat!

That would probably accomplish more than this thread and so this will probably be the last time I post in it. [...] I will even give you the last word if it makes you feel better about this whole thing.
:rolleyes:

I have bought things of bands I dont care about and sold them for profit. [...] I am a fan, I dont go around buying limited shit to sell it for profit. [...] If you guys think I give a shit about money that much you are mistaken.
:err:

whatever...

Sater said:
Thats very cool. I own that black white edition of For Funerals To Come, I'm wondering what its worth...
I have it too :), if there's really only a hundred around, then, wow, I was lucky :). It's a loooooong time ago, but I think I ordered it from Nuclear Blast at the time.

Is ..for funerals to come really worth that much?

Shit, the local shop has 3 copies of it sitting in their heavy metal section. I never picked them up because my copy of Brave Murder day came with For Funerals to Come.

As an extra note : If someone in Brisbane is interested in picking them up, they can be found at the Mt Gravatt JB Hi-Fi Store. There were 3 last time I checked, which was a week and a half ago.

I come from a place that Katatonia is a mere dream of a being stocked in stores, so trading/selling a rare album when labels/bands run out of them doesn't bother me much because I am the fan who wants the album and I would pay the neccesary price in order to obtain it. If you want to become so bare-boned about it and exclude money in this, then think about the fact that I want to hear the music because I love the band. I do agree money is pretty pointless to the Earth and more of a detriment than help for things, but if a band is so "punk" or "metal" that don't care about money than surely they don't mind if I profit some other guy because I want to hear the music?

I've never bought, and probably never will buy 2 of an album/shirt/etc to sell one, because it's not of interest to me (plus I'm usually broke). I don't even bother selling albums I hate, but music is all that matters here, then giving someone an album that can't get otherwise is surely not a problem, even if it might run into moral issues...