Is it just me??

Grumble Grumble

We die We all...
Oct 29, 2006
Saginaw,Michigan, USA
Or does "Disspossession"(top 5 songs no doubt, got me started on katatonia) have its own unique sound over all their other songs? I mean it just sounds different than every other song they have out including the rest of LFDGD. Or am i just ramblin? lol :loco:

Agreed. Probably the best opener Katatonia have done so far also. I think it's the beginning of the song that does it. I love that lead going into it...gives me goosebumps each time I listen. I just see it then focusing directly on jonas in a cold room with a stern look on his face...staring into that mirror on the cover. Damn this song killz. I also love Daniel's drumwork on it.

don't agree. imho, it's a mediocre song for Katatonia standards. there are better openers (Brave, I Vreak, Ghost Of The Sun) and worse (Leaders)

The best kata-song to date. And yes, it is rather unique. The rest of the kata-top5 for me would probably mostly consist of LFGD songs, pherhaps with the addition of the new fantastic "unfurl"

Agreed. Probably the best opener Katatonia have done so far also. I think it's the beginning of the song that does it. I love that lead going into it...gives me goosebumps each time I listen. I just see it then focusing directly on jonas in a cold room with a stern look on his face...staring into that mirror on the cover. Damn this song killz. I also love Daniel's drumwork on it.

Agreed... I've probably heard this song 2,000 times in the last 6 years and I still get the chillzz everytime that lead kicks in at about 45 seconds. That song, and the whole album, makes me really nastolgic... 2001/02 were simulataneously some of the best/worst times of my life, and Last Fair Deal Gone Down brings both extremes back all at once.

To each their own...but come on...this song is very, very special...not just in my eyes or ears, but ....COME ON!!!! What kind of band makes a intro like that anymore?

I will support this song to the grave. I think if Katatonia played a show consisting of songs by me....it would be Dispossession 12 times then Quiet World at the end.

Then they cover every Slowdive song...then Jonas grabs a bass and eats Peters daughter and we get a whole set of Bloodbath tunes.

Then Blakkheim screams out...OUT OF MY WAY WRETCHED HUMANS!!! Then a whole set of Diabolical Masquerade songz including Death's Design in its entiery.

Then we the whole crowd together sing Dissolving Bonds as the band goes to the bar and we all get hammered.

:)

To each their own...but come on...this song is very, very special...not just in my eyes or ears, but ....COME ON!!!! What kind of band makes a intro like that anymore?

I will support this song to the grave. I think if Katatonia played a show consisting of songs by me....it would be Dispossession 12 times then Quiet World at the end.

Then they cover every Slowdive song...then Jonas grabs a bass and eats Peters daughter and we get a whole set of Bloodbath tunes.

Then Blakkheim screams out...OUT OF MY WAY WRETCHED HUMANS!!! Then a whole set of Diabolical Masquerade songz including Death's Design in its entiery.

Then we the whole crowd together sing Dissolving Bonds as the band goes to the bar and we all get hammered.

:)
:lol:

I'm witcha all the way bro! :cool:

And yeah, all fucking HAIL Dispossession, bloody incredible song and indeed, the intro does it..