Lfdgd Tuning?

cliffburton615 said:
Brave Murder day is in D#.
you're right... I don't care if the tabs I've been doing are right or not. But it's fact that the whole BMD is tuned down one half step, i.e. D#!!

D# tuning
|---||-------------|---------------||
|---||o------------|--------------o||
|---||-------------|----------7---||
|-3-||-------9-----|-------9------||
|-3-||o-7-------9--|-10----------o||
|-1-||-------------|--------------||
|
|
|
|---||o------------|--------------o||
|-3-||--2----------|---------------||
|-3-||o-2-------2--|--3---------5o||
|-1-||--0----3-----|------3--2----||

standard tuning would look like this...
|---||---------------|---------------|
|---||o--------------|---------------|
|---||---------------|-----------8---|
|-4-||-------10------|-------10------|
|-4-||o-8--------10--|-11------------|
|-2-||---------------|---------------|
|
|
|
|---||o--------------|---------------|
|-4-||--3------------|---------------|
|-4-||o-3---------3--|--4----------6-|
|-2-||--1-----4------|--------4--3---|

sorry about the layout...

discouraged1 said:
this is the tuning used on Viva and TGCD

C
G
F
C
G
C

you welcome.

what kinda tuning is that?

the first 4 strings looks ok, "C, G, C, F" it's D tuning with Dropped C, the last two strings should be A , D..

so the whole tuning should be like this:

D
A
F
C
G
C

or katatonia really tunes the last two strings and first one according to C tuning, and the rest to D tuning?

haven't seen that before :rolleyes:

farren said:
I just wanted to add, we humans refer to it as "Eb."
ha ha it´s a question of poit of view, but since we are speaking about dropping a note from the standard tuning Eb would be more correct, yes:)

Are all the songs on TGCD in this tuning?
G
F
C
G
C

I have a question about dropping the tuning on your guitar..do you need special strings or what because I really cannot understand how you can tune the guitar so low without getting too loose strings....
Maybe I need a special guitar? sorry for my ignorance, but I´ll be really interested to know how to play the songs on TGCD...they are so good that I really feel the need to play!

i'm not sure for all of them, but since the majority of tracks on viva had those tunings, i guess they went all the way with that tuning on the new one.
played july, soil's song and my twin eith that tuning, sounded good. :)

i have epiphone guitar, strong neck, string gauge 12-54, so i have no problems with that.. (usually play in B nowadays..)

ether said:
ha ha it´s a question of poit of view, but since we are speaking about dropping a note from the standard tuning Eb would be more correct, yes:)

Are all the songs on TGCD in this tuning?
G
F
C
G
C

I have a question about dropping the tuning on your guitar..do you need special strings or what because I really cannot understand how you can tune the guitar so low without getting too loose strings....
Maybe I need a special guitar? sorry for my ignorance, but I´ll be really interested to know how to play the songs on TGCD...they are so good that I really feel the need to play!

for standart and Eb tuning - 0.009 or 0.010 strings
for D, C#, C tunings - 0.011, 0.012 strings

should do fine =)

so if you are going drop the tuning you have to use thicker strings in order to keep them tight..