Lfdgd Tuning?

wankerness

Dec 3, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
Does anyone know if Katatonia ever uses DROP TUNINGS? Several of the songs on LFDGD seem to be in Eb standard (like teargas and I transpire), but then there are also some songs that go down to a low Db, like Dispossession and Chrome. Does anyone know if it's in "Drop Db," or Db standard? They don't use enough open strings for me to be sure, but it does sort of seem like it's Drop Db based on some of the chords in Dispossession. Does anyone know of any interviews with the guitarist where he talks about this, or any other way to find out for sure? I'm just wondering cause I'm trying to tab some of the cd. :p

BUMP to see if anyone knows yet? :(:(:( I have been trying hard to tab Future of Speech, Chrome, and Tonight's Music, but based on Blakkheim's comment about "an open tuning based on C#" I really can't figure out what they did. Future of Speech is the only one that seems like it might use any open strings higher than the bottom 3, but I still can't figure out wtf the tuning is. The dvd isn't a help cause they play those songs tuned down to C and therefore might not be playing them as they did on the album. If Blakkheim could look at this thread it would be a big help. :cry:

Blackkheim said:
btw, the kata tabs on the web are all inaccurate, so dont be a fool to trust em.

I would feel very appreciated to see some fans (if I were in such an awesome band like Kata) who spend their free-time in tabbing songs of my band!
Nevertheless, can't wait to see more Katatonia tabs of you, wankerness - no matter if accurate or not ;) !!!!

The Foreverlorn said:
I would feel very appreciated to see some fans (if I were in such an awesome band like Kata) who spend their free-time in tabbing songs of my band!
Nevertheless, can't wait to see more Katatonia tabs of you, wankerness - no matter if accurate or not ;) !!!!

I sort of doubt he saw any of the powertabs, and a lot of the text tabs are pretty bad, it must be admitted (wrong tunings, etc). Whatev, if I base my tabs on the live dvd and they're wrong then it means he doesn't know how to play them right either :tickled:

Gotta love Foreverlorn's Avatar. Go Mika! :tickled:

And huge thumbs up to Wankerness for (even) planning to tab more Katatonia. Gotta love you guys go days after days without food, water or any social contacts, just trying to figure that last murky harmonic on some swedish bands record.

And I agree Blakheim's opinion would probably change if he saw the powertabs you guys have been making. But then again I think he has better things to do. BUT seeing A. Björler from At The Gates correct ATG tabs even making himself some from the scratch and Henriksson from Dark Tranquillity being rather active on the tab front I won't give up hope just yet.

HeBeHu said:
Gotta love Foreverlorn's Avatar. Go Mika! :tickled:
Mika was great... But I'm sure Kimi's gonna do it as well!!!

Gotta love you guys go days after days without food, water or any social contacts, just trying to figure that last murky harmonic on some swedish bands record.
thanx a lot!

BUT seeing A. Björler from At The Gates correct ATG tabs even making himself some from the scratch
yeah, that's amazing... Anders and Patrik (Thyrfing) helped me through a couple of tabs of their bands to make them as accurate as possible! Great guys!

Its really hard to get the power tabs to sound like the actual song, especially with bends and slides and notes ringing out. So, alot of the time, some power tabs sound really wrong when in fact they are very accurate

jptk said:
Its really hard to get the power tabs to sound like the actual song, especially with bends and slides and notes ringing out. So, alot of the time, some power tabs sound really wrong when in fact they are very accurate
that's true, but I think if a band member looks at them he can see wether they are right or not, no matter how the midi playback sounds...

what about the tuning of the new album?

power tabs...I think I prefer Guitar Pro, it´s more versatile.

ether said:
what about the tuning of the new album?

power tabs...I think I prefer Guitar Pro, it´s more versatile.

Guitar pro looks a bit messy IMO. Sure it has drums, but the overall score tends to look a bit crap

Yeah it's a lot harder to work in and the standard notation is completely worthless...since I learned how to read sheet music long before tabs I have a much easier time reading powertabs. The output of powertab actually looks somewhat similar to a tabbook, while guitar pro looks like...a really bad attempt at looking like powertab. The only good things about guitar pro are the unlimited tracks and the drums.