Is it the time for Opeth to get dressed in corpse?

Is it the time for Opeth to wear corpse?

• Yes, about damn time!

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • Corpse paint is for poseurs!

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • No, they are not talented enough yet! I prefer Mikael talking between songs.

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • No, they are not grim and kvlt enough yet!

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters

Frostangelstorm

Mighty Ravendark
Sep 6, 2005
Blashyrkh
I think it's about time.

Imagine the Opeth becoming legends, just like King Diamond and Immortal, wearing corpse paint and putting out crazy shows. Mikael is a great frontman and all, but I think talking with the crowd between two tracks won't help Opeth achieve the status of the legendary.

So what does everybody think?

They are legends for me and that is what counts. I don't care about others enjoying Opeth or not. And wearing corpse paint...(no coments!). I would rather prefer them with short hair and wearing white clothings.

umm talking between some songs is cool, but I like to be drawn into the music, especially when tracks are played back to back that just flow flawlessly..... WHEN to MADRIGAL to AMEN CORNER, complete music transitions would be awesome

i cant believe u people are actually discussing this!! Corpse paint ?!? fuck that,, that is definitely for poseurs.

Opeth are respectable musicians,,, end of story.

edit: by the way,, how can someone be 'not talented enough yet' ? talent is innate,, you are either talented from birth, or you're not. True, talent requires recognizing but it is not open to fundamental progression,,, that is innovation, something entirely different

A. Iverson said:
edit: by the way,, how can someone be 'not talented enough yet' ? talent is innate,, you are either talented from birth, or you're not. True, talent requires recognizing but it is not open to fundamental progression,,, that is innovation, something entirely different

Mmmmm, semantics, sweet. You are my hero. :worship:

Hahaha. I'm laughing so hard at how serious everyone is taking this. It's a total joke. I was expecting to see most of the votes for "Yes, about damn time."

Apparently none of these people have seen Immortal play, because if they had, they would understand the awesome power of corpsepaint. And Immortal.

The only person who can where paint is King Diamond. Anyone else who does it looks like they like getting buttfucked by dudes.

Bands like Immortal,etc.. have to be homosexual.

I remember in a recent article (in Revolver I think) Mikael said they were just normal people, they would never wear costumes, masks, etc. So I guess that's a "no-go" on the corpse paint.

What a pathetic thread.

Corpse Paint is a Black Metal thing, NOT an Opeth thing. Opeth are as far from Black Metal as Metallica is to good music.

Silent Song said:
how about "No, they are Opeth without it."

I just don't see it ever happening. Nor do I see it necessary.
They're legends already, or didn't you know?

I feel the same way Silent Song. Corpse paint just does not fit Opeth, it is not about 'achieving corpse-paint status'. It has been done enough anyway.