Is it worth paying for soundclick??

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
Is it worth paying for soundclick?? or is it rip off?? i like the site and i would rather upload wave files then the shitty bit rate of their Mp3s!!!

Does anyone know how i could upload a better sounding file on soundclick (wav. pref!) or am i stuck paying the fee

Do you pay?? If so how is it i think its like ten bucks or some shit anyway

Just thought i would ask around :headbang: :kickass:

The regular soundclick mp3 compression is definitely noticeable, but it's certainly tolerable and won't make a good mix sound like a bad one, so I stick with it

One other option is to make a facebook music page.
I think the music player there supports bit rates higher than 128kbps.
I uploaded songs in my page at 192Kbps and as far as I can tell they were not re-encoded in lower bitrate (like myspace does).

One other option is to make a facebook music page.
I think the music player there supports bit rates higher than 128kbps.
I uploaded songs in my page at 192Kbps and as far as I can tell they were not re-encoded in lower bitrate (like myspace does).

That depends on if you like to own your own music, or give it away to facebook!

It seems that alot of people doesnt know that to everything you upload to facebook, you give away the rights.

That depends on if you like to own your own music, or give it away to facebook!

It seems that alot of people doesnt know that to everything you upload to facebook, you give away the rights.

I remember someone saying the same thing about a nuclear blast contest a while back, don't know if it was you.
You just can't get the rights to any song this way... There's a Pink Floyd page in facebook for example, you really think facebook has the rights to their songs now?

I remember someone saying the same thing about a nuclear blast contest a while back, don't know if it was you.
You just can't get the rights to any song this way... There's a Pink Floyd page in facebook for example, you really think facebook has the rights to their songs now?

I think there has been a minor misunderstanding...

My interpretation is that while you ow the song, you grant facebook the rights to do whatever they want with it... They can use/abuse it as they see fit.

While this seems a bit "OMG!"...

Remember...

the people complaining about this are generally getting a bit ahead of themselves in the sense that there is enxt to no chance facebook will even hear their song let alone use it in any untoward way...

And if they did, it's good promotion :)

I don't have a facebook, just someone is scaremongering...

From facebook FAQ:

Do I retain the copyright and other legal rights to material I upload to Facebook?
Yes. You retain the copyright to your content. When you upload your content you grant us a license to use and display your content. For more information please visit our Terms of Use, which contain a link to our Copyright Policy and other important information about your privileges and responsibilities as a Facebook user.
Pretty much what all sites where you upload music do (soundclick,myspace etc.)

No, that wasnt me.

Yes, you can get the rights that way, but not to ANY song.
If lets say a band already has released their record, and then uploads the stuff to Facebook, then it would be hard for Facebook to claim the rights to the songs(Sence the rights are already "anounced" to the band/artist/recordcomapny.).

But if you upload the songs before make a real "claim" to the rights yourself, you have lost them.

I dont know exactly what the law says, but I do know that they own your rights to the material you are uploading to facebook, unless you have a "previous source of confirmation".

But sure, facebook cant claim that you cant put those songs on a record, but they can demand royalties and stuff like that.

No, that wasnt me.

Yes, you can get the rights that way, but not to ANY song.
If lets say a band already has released their record, and then uploads the stuff to Facebook, then it would be hard for Facebook to claim the rights to the songs(Sence the rights are already "anounced" to the band/artist/recordcomapny.).

But if you upload the songs before make a real "claim" to the rights yourself, you have lost them.

I dont know exactly what the law says, but I do know that they own your rights to the material you are uploading to facebook, unless you have a "previous source of confirmation".

But sure, facebook cant claim that you cant put those songs on a record, but they can demand royalties and stuff like that.

Can you prove all that? Because from the quote I posted earlier from the facebook FAQ it's obvious to me that the rights remain to you when you upload a song.
If that was true then the same can be said about soundclick, audiostreet, myspace etc.

Also from facebook FAQ:

How do verify my Page to use the Music Player?
In order to upload music to your Page, we need you to submit a valid form of identification that identifies you, the admin of the Page. By submitting a valid form of identification you are confirming that you either own the copyright to the content you will be uploading or that you are authorized by the copyright owner to upload that copyrighted content to your Page. Please note that you can black out any sensitive information on your identification if you wish, other than your name and picture. We currently only accept photo passports, school IDs, and drivers licenses. If you do not wish to upload a form of identification, you will not be able to upload music. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Can you prove all that? Because from the quote I posted earlier from the facebook FAQ it's obvious to me that the rights remain to you when you upload a song.
If that was true then the same can be said about soundclick, audiostreet, myspace etc.

Didnt even see that quote.
But then they have changed their rules.

Ive read some stuff drawn out from their licenseagreements that basically said that they own the rights to everything you put on your facebook.
But I guess that they have changed their rules(There was a hysteria about this in the Swedish newspapers.).