The soundclick charts - how much is worth it ?

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hello dudes:headbang:

I just saw, that my Band "ACT OF RAGE" is on position #1 in the black/death metal charts. I don´t know, if I should make jumps of joy or laugh about it. I don´t want to overrate it. I don´t want to make ridiculous myself, when I tell my friends and musicians that "I´m on the first position". How can I estimate how valuable this is.

http://www.soundclick.com/genres/charts.cfm?genre=Metal&subgenreID=171

What is your opinion about soundclick ?

Cheers,

Felix

Congratulations!

Hey.. wait a minute, what be this toxic grind machine on number 2?!?

haha.. nah, cool man.. it's all about hits and a steady amount of hits to keep that spot, if you post it on the internet somewhere it will see a boost at first, it decreases after that though.

I used to be really glad when we hit the top 10 when i started on soundclick, and im still proud we made it the honest way on that site.. because sadly, there are a lot of bands that just refresh and vote/play their own songs by doing some sort of modem trick to keep their spot in the charts. (rap songs in death metal charts for example).

Cool song btw.. who did the female vocals?

I like the fact that my genre (goth rock...) is so dead that random "tone test" sort of clips I post chart, and highly. :lol:

My highest score was #2 in Instrumental Rock with the 'Sunset' song. Even if it's not the first place, damn I was proud of myself :) Highest score in Heavy Metal was #3 ('Endeavour'). Damn that Bulb is almost always on #1 :heh:

Congratulations!

haha.. nah, cool man.. it's all about hits and a steady amount of hits to keep that spot, if you post it on the internet somewhere it will see a boost at first, it decreases after that though.

I used to be really glad when we hit the top 10 when i started on soundclick, and im still proud we made it the honest way on that site.. because sadly, there are a lot of bands that just refresh and vote/play their own songs by doing some sort of modem trick to keep their spot in the charts. (rap songs in death metal charts for example).

Cool song btw.. who did the female vocals?

Thank you very much:headbang: I will not overrate our chart position, but i´m a little bit happy though. I know the mechanism of soundclick..you really get a boost, when new songs are uploaded. But "st. lust" is already long available. It´s sadly and poor, when some bands push the position with any tricks or something. I don´t respect those.

The female vocals was performed by Julia

http://www.myspace.com/juliasounds

But I inverted her vocal track..you hear her singin´backward. Invert it again and you will know, what it´s about:lol: It was funny and a nice random, that this backward track matched to the backing group.

Aaaargh I just now realized, that we displace you from #1...wtf:D I listen to your stuff, it´s awesome! I must fairly admit it´s better produced than my stuff. Respect to you! I think you will be back on #1 soon:)

Cheers,

Felix

That thing is a joke. I´ve hitted the first place on soundclick charts many many times with homemade instrumental tracks that I don´t even pass the link to anyone.

That thing is a joke. I´ve hitted the first place on soundclick charts many many times with homemade instrumental tracks that I don´t even pass the link to anyone.

serious ? A couple of years ago "as I lay dying" and some other major bands was in the soundclick charts. But myspace became the primary way to show the songs..hmmm I still don´t know, but chart placement is not really important for me..I wanna play live!!

I swear. Here´s my soundclick music page
I had an older account that I deleted that had much more "high-ranked" songs, but even on this one you can see that there´s only 6 tracks and three of them are on the top 50 and one on the top 100.

Here are the stats:
Plutonium (12 on Metal and 1 on Industrial Metal)
Overload (71 on Metal and 2 on Industrial Metal)
Zombie Mob (26 on Metal and 1 on Industrial Metal)
Destroy (310 on Metal and 25 on Industrial Metal)
The Polluter (616 on Metal and 50 on Industrial Metal)
Machine Head (22 on Metal and 1 on Industrial Metal)

These are all crappy home recorded tone tests without even vocals, that I didn´t passed the link to anyone. Some of them I linked on this board just to get hints on how to improve the tones, but I doubt that many people listened. I just uploaded a remix of the "machinehead" bush cover song to see how high it will get on those charts. IMO it´s 100% bullshit. Here´s is the link for the song, let´s wait and see. : /

I had songs place on the soundclick charts, and even a top 10.
it goes by how many plays you get. like if i pass the link to 30 friends to hear a new mix, its gonna get on the charts. of course, the random people clicking on the songs helps too!

I swear. Here´s my soundclick music page
I had an older account that I deleted that had much more "high-ranked" songs, but even on this one you can see that there´s only 6 tracks and three of them are on the top 50 and one on the top 100.

Here are the stats:
Plutonium (12 on Metal and 1 on Industrial Metal)
Overload (71 on Metal and 2 on Industrial Metal)
Zombie Mob (26 on Metal and 1 on Industrial Metal)
Destroy (310 on Metal and 25 on Industrial Metal)
The Polluter (616 on Metal and 50 on Industrial Metal)
Machine Head (22 on Metal and 1 on Industrial Metal)

These are all crappy home recorded tone tests without even vocals, that I didn´t passed the link to anyone. Some of them I linked on this board just to get hints on how to improve the tones, but I doubt that many people listened. I just uploaded a remix of the "machinehead" bush cover song to see how high it will get on those charts. IMO it´s 100% bullshit. Here´s is the link for the song, let´s wait and see. : /

Hehe okay..congratulations:) I think it´s easy..the more people listen to what ever, the better chart position will be. And your stuff is not really crappy, it sounds cool. The people who have a soundclick player widget in myspace are the ones with the best page statistic, I think. But I still not understand this #1 on the metal charts. All other in the top 100 is much better than this lame rockstar in my opinion. A case for the x files:lol: