Mastering Challenge - give it your best shot!

It's cool if you don't take the screens, I just thought it would be neat for people to see the settings people are using, as reference. One thing I have learned in my years behind a console is, there's no one right way to do anything. My boss eq's things differently than I would, and whats funny is, we both like the same sounds for certain things, our snare drums typically sound exactly alike, as in, he would be like "that's exactly how I'd have that snare", but, I would have it eq'ed complete opposite than he would. We always thought it was wierd that I would do the exact opposite as him for eq'ing and still get the same exact result.

So, I thought it would be a cool thread to have around for guys to come in and see all the different ways to approach this. I've already learned a few things just from listening, things I wouldn't have even tried, like cobhc's brightness to his re-master. I like that a lot. So, if possible, at least remember the plug-ins you used on your master bus. Screenshots would take the gold, but at least which plugs were used will do. :)

Keep 'em comin' guys. Lets get a TON of re-masters in here.

~006

I didn't do much.

Used Sound Forge 8.0b
Firium - Matched OSI EQ
Added Crane Song Dither - still not sure about this yet.
Ozone 3 - CD Master Setting - Added a touch of verb

I'm no sound engineer, but here's my shot.

EQ: I cut at around 300Hz, 1kHz, 2 kHz and 7,5kHz about 1,5dB and boosted 10kHz 3dB. Then I ran the track through Izotope Ozone 3 (harmonic exciter, multiband compressor) and Waves L2 hi-res CD master preset.

Lol, I was a bit worried at first when listening back, when the drums came in at first the track still had the phone line effect, so I was scared at the thought that the entire track would be like that. Haha, I guess I'm just use to it going full force as soon as the drums come in, nice approach, I like it. :)

~006

ROFL. Ok, everything is updated, in my signature are the links for both the SoundClick page, where you can hear everyone's attempts, and a link for the PhotoBucket album, where you can see Nathan's and cobhc's screenshots of the plug-ins they used. :)

~006

Here's my try at thrack 2. This time I cut 300, 2000 and 7500 Hz 1,5dB and boosted 10kHz 3 dB. -> BBE Sonic Maximizer, bass at 8.30 and hi 9 o'clock. -> Ozone multiband compressor at 80 Hz and 2000 Hz. Exciter at preset. -> Waves L2.