MP3's .:my old band recording:.

Jan 10, 2005
So here's the very FIRST recording I did of a full band years ago...which also happens to be one of my old bands. It was a long time ago, all SM57's on everything except overheads (RODE NT-1a's) and kick (Shure Beta52) for the drums, and a Neumann TLM103 for vocals.

The clips up are actually a re-master I just did last night, the old tracks had a horrible boost in the midrange, lol. The guitars were done with an amp-sim that I thought was neat at the time. Bass is direct.

The original mix was done on a pair of Alesis M1 mkII's.

Guess the amp-sim I used :). I'm sure people with a good ear will be able to nail it. Also, I was kind of curious to see if anyone wanted to re-master the old tracks, I did it already (the ones on the SC site), but I thought it would be neat to see if anyone else wanted to give it a shot on the original tracks. Here's the link to the re-master I already did:

Molotov Politics SC site

It's new-old-school political hardcore. Kind of taking on a Terror/Throwdown sound. Anyway, check it out, comment, offer to be a part of the "challenge" to take a shot at re-mastering it, all that good stuff. :)

~006

Hey man, I'll have a go at remastering it - practise is always good right? No speakers on this PC, so I can't comment on what you've put up, other than saying Molotov Politics is an awesome name for a hardcore band :D

Steve

Suits the genre well.......maybe be a bit more new school then throwdown though......the vocals remind of old suicidal D......I think I would compare it to Blood for Blood because of all the Fuck you Fuck you....hahahh

Haha, fair enough chad. We got the inspiration to do it after Terror's "Lowest of the Low" album came out. We're all fans of old school hardcore, moreso than the new style, but we wanted to add that new flavor to it to attract the new kids. Here's the link to the zip file (at the bottom) with all the songs in it. It's 16.x MB, has 7 tracks in it. They are 160kbps mp3 so you'll have to convert to wav. cobhc did a nice re-master already, I'll put that up on a seperate SoundClick page so we can hear all the results. Cheers.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UG6V5E5LLFQF3N4M528TW28YG

~006

Very cool....I will download them and burn them when I get home......As far as my "New-School" comment I hope you don't think I mean New New-School.....When I think Old-School I think Strife, Earth Crisis, you know chug DUN DUN chug DUN DUN.....the only reason why I through that new tag on itwas because I heard the higher notes.....over-all it does have a mid to late 90's vibe 2 it......very cool though.....I like it.....