Is Maiden heavy?

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Yo

I've been listening to CDs at work lately, and my boss has borrowed a few to listen to in his office. He wanted to listen to some heavy stuff, so he listened to "Master of Puppets" the other day, and Megadeth's "So Far, So Good... So What?" today. Then he came out again and had a look at my CDs, and he pointed to "Brave New World" and said, "That's heavy, right?"

Thing is, I couldn't in my right mind say that it was, and come to think of it I wouldn't be able to say that about any of their albums. Maybe back in the 80s I'd consider them to be heavy, but not anymore. Does anyone agree with me?

For what it's worth, I gave him Black Label Society's "Stronger Than Death" to appease him, and he liked that one. I didn't bother with In Flames, because he probably wouldn't like the vocals.

not as epic as ya mum.

awwwwwwwwwwww ya mum,get it,i said your mum was epic,like large,ya mum's fat,awwwww.

sorry i thought i was 12 there for a minute.

aww ya mum's 12,12 thousand kilos.
thought i'd save you from doing it slothy,

though i'd save ya mum from doing it...

Maiden's "heaviness" lies in power rather than brutality or speed or anything, same with bands like Manowar and most power metal bands.