Maiden Compilation of BNW, DOD & AMOLAD

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
My mate was a big Maiden fan in the 80's and has all the records up to SSOASS. He has heard the other albums up to and including Virtual 11 but has not heard any Maiden since the reunion.

He is coming to the gig with me and I want to burn him a best of from the reunion period. I know they won't play any of this stuff but he is still curious to hear em and asked me to put some highlights onto the one album as he will probably not get around to listening to all 3...

So... gimme your list of between 10 and 12 songs to put on from Brave New World, Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death only....

Only thing is I would probably have to have Wicker Man as the first song on the album... The rest is open..

Dream of Mirrors
Ghost of the Navigator
The Nomad
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Gates of Tomorrow
Paschendale
Journeyman
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
For the Greater Good of God
Out of the Shadows
The Legacy
actually, anything off AMOLAD

The Wicker Man
Brighter Then A Thousand Suns
Ghost Of The Navigator
Rainmaker
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
The Pilgrim
Dance Of Death
For The Greater Good Of God
Paschendale
Journeyman
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

I threw that together in a couple of minutes and have probably forgotten a few that I would like in there, but that looks pretty solid to me.

Definitely do all of AMOLAD, it's just awesomeness. As for BNW and DoD:

Ghost of the Navigator
Brave New World
Blood Brothers
The Thin Line Between Love & Hate (their most underrated song ever)
Wildest Dreams
Mr Rainmaker
No More Lies
Paschendale
Journeyman

And pop on Dance of Death from Death on the Road.

Face in the Sand
Journeyman
New Frontier (Just cause Nicko helped pen it ;) )
BNW
Wickerman
Paschendale
Wickerman
The Nomad
The Mercenary
Montsegur
Dream of Mirrors
Out of the Silent Planet

All of AMOLAD, and I actually like all of BNW these days, so that was harder than it looked, and DoD I find getting better and better too

I'm looking forward to being old and Maiden doing a "The Middle-Ages Tour" on those three albums. It will be sweet.

The Wickerman
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Mr Rainmaker
No More Lies
Gates Of Tomorrow
Different Worlds
These Colours Don't Run
The Legacy
Navigate The Seas Of The Sun

I think I might go burn that for myself right now!
:headbang: :headbang:

Do you mean the Jerry Goldsmith piece that's on the beginning of Rock in Rio? No, that's not on Brave New World.

And to those of you who still haven't realised it since Brave New World came out, "The Wicker Man" is three words. Three. Un, deux, trois.

Do you mean the Jerry Goldsmith piece that's on the beginning of Rock in Rio? No, that's not on Brave New World.

And to those of you who still haven't realised it since Brave New World came out, "The Wicker Man" is three words. Three. Un, deux, trois.

yes, on the Rock in Rio.